iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » DVD Special features

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DVD Special features
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone give me link to a site that tells you what special features are on a dvd, such as deleted scenes or commentary from the actors or directors? When I click on DVD Details at IMDB, it just tells you the region, etc. but nothing about any extras on the DVD. This way I won't have to be asking everyone what kind of special features are on certain dvd's that they buy!
Thanks to anyone who can help.

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
netflix gets some details...

"Other features:
Color; scene access; trailer; audio commentary."

still not as specific as i would like.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought The Heavenly Kid DVD. No need to search for special features on it. There's zilch which was disappointing...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking of joining Netflix after the New Year. I still have a few more free rental coupons for Hollywood video that I got by turning in my "points" or dollars through my Discover card. They expire at the end of this month. Does anyone here belong to Netflix? Can you just belong month-to-month or is it a yearly deal? I looked at the prices, and it is very reasonable. I think I'd go for the $11.99 plan, where you can rent two dvd's at a time. That's all I rent at Hollywood anyway. And they just got rid of 90% of their video tapes, so there are a lot of 80's and 90's movies that I've never seen that I'm sure that they won't have. And also some independent flicks, I know they don't stock too many of those.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Netflix is a pretty good deal. I belonged to them for about 6 months. They have alot of rare movies that you normally couldn't find in Blockbuster. The only thing is sometimes you have to wait if something is a new release and you don't have it at the top of your list. You go in and make a list of the movies ya wanna rent. I think I could get 3 at a time. That all depends on which plan you select. They bill monthly (at least they did me). I would still be with them but I just don't have the time to sit down and watch movies constantly...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home