iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I'm dying to see my page!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm dying to see my page!
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent a page for "The Great Mouse Detective" to the website owner, & gaw, it's taking FOREVER to get here!

I'm normally a lot more patient than this, but I'm just worried about what's taking so long, not to mention the page will have a lot more people exposed to GMD. [Frown]

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll take time, TMA.

I have pages I've written half-a-year ago waiting to go up.

If Nick or Paul sees this message, TMA is waiting for her "The Great Mouse Detective" page to go up.

I myself am waiting for the following pages I've written to go up:

-"Feds"
-"See No Evil, Hear No Evil"
-"Do The Right Thing"
-"Beaches"
-"The Pick-Up Artist"
-"Out Of Africa"

Kash is waiting for his pages on "Return Of The Jedi" and "Spies Like Us" to go up.

Lupa is waiting for her "Transylvania 6-5000" page to go live.

I know that Noms has a few pages in the boiler as well.

Thanks for reading this, mods. We all look forward to having our pages go up.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I didn't even remember that I'd written the Transylvania 6-5000 page, ha!

No rush on my part though, guys. Take your time and don't stress yourselves. [Smile] You guys rock and this site does too.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rocksteadyflamethrower:
It'll take time, TMA.

I have pages I've written half-a-year ago waiting to go up.

If Nick or Paul sees this message, TMA is waiting for her "The Great Mouse Detective" page to go up.

I myself am waiting for the following pages I've written to go up:

-"Feds"
-"See No Evil, Hear No Evil"
-"Do The Right Thing"
-"Beaches"
-"The Pick-Up Artist"
-"Out Of Africa"

Kash is waiting for his pages on "Return Of The Jedi" and "Spies Like Us" to go up.

Lupa is waiting for her "Transylvania 6-5000" page to go live.

I know that Noms has a few pages in the boiler as well.

Thanks for reading this, mods. We all look forward to having our pages go up.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Thanks for posting my little want-ad for me... [Wink]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right,

I'm waiting for my Avenging Force and Uncommon Valour pages to go live!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys and gals,

At present, adding pages is something that only Nick can do. I've got access to edit and correct stuff once it's live, but not to add any new pages. Here's an extract from an email Nick sent me a while back on the subject:

"Regarding {being able to add pages}, the submitted pages are in a slightly special format and are held in special directory on the site that the editors kit does not access. It will take some time before I can work out a way for editors to safely edit/add them.

The problem is that there are other parameters that are initialised as part of adding a movie to the site and pictures need to be uploaded etc. This represents difficult security issues for me to resolve in a distributed system."

Add to this the fact that the reviews need to be the work of the writer, but once submitted become the property of the website. And whilst we understand that none of you would even dream of just copying someone else's work and passing it off as your own, for legal reasons we need to check the more obvious locations to make certain before we post the review. All of this takes time, and explains why sometimes a review takes a while to appear. Other websites may allow instant reviews to appear, but then their sites aren't as good as fast Rewind, are they... [Wink]

Please bear with us - I know Nick is working on getting this resolved, getting the reviews up, and hopefully getting a process in place that allows me to help achieve this.

Paul

[ 02. December 2005, 05:34: Message edited by: The ModGod Formerly Known as Paul ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, thanks for the info, Paul. [Smile] It's nice to know what going on.
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Thanks for the info, Paul, & I certainly hope that Nick can get everything done & make us all happy. [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Speaking of Nick, what's been going on? He hasn't been here for a long while...I'm worried about him. [Frown]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The ModGod Formerly Known as Paul:
Hi guys and gals,

At present, adding pages is something that only Nick can do. I've got access to edit and correct stuff once it's live, but not to add any new pages. Here's an extract from an email Nick sent me a while back on the subject:

"Regarding {being able to add pages}, the submitted pages are in a slightly special format and are held in special directory on the site that the editors kit does not access. It will take some time before I can work out a way for editors to safely edit/add them.

The problem is that there are other parameters that are initialised as part of adding a movie to the site and pictures need to be uploaded etc. This represents difficult security issues for me to resolve in a distributed system."

Add to this the fact that the reviews need to be the work of the writer, but once submitted become the property of the website. And whilst we understand that none of you would even dream of just copying someone else's work and passing it off as your own, for legal reasons we need to check the more obvious locations to make certain before we post the review. All of this takes time, and explains why sometimes a review takes a while to appear. Other websites may allow instant reviews to appear, but then their sites aren't as good as fast Rewind, are they... [Wink]

Please bear with us - I know Nick is working on getting this resolved, getting the reviews up, and hopefully getting a process in place that allows me to help achieve this.

Paul

Speaking of Nick, I wonder what he's been doing...as you can see, I'm worried about him. He hasn't been here in what? 2 or 3 months?
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mouse Avenger:
quote:
Originally posted by The ModGod Formerly Known as Paul:
Hi guys and gals,

Paul

Speaking of Nick, I wonder what he's been doing...as you can see, I'm worried about him. He hasn't been here in what? 2 or 3 months?
I'm also wondering what Nick is up to. I hope he's doing okay. Well, the best we can do is continue writing reviews...You know, stockpiling the reviews so when these updates happen then they can be massive events.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I've got to work on some of my reviews now.

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Imagine all the stuff he'll have to do later...
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
quote:
Imagine all the stuff he'll have to do later...

I see where you're coming from, but I look at it as working to make this website the most informative of its' type.

It's a gradual process, but everything will work out eventually.

Just keep writing. From what I've seen of your work, you're a very smart writer. Work on those reviews and keep sending them in. It'll take a while, but once it's up, everybody will be able to experience the intelligent writing that we of these message boards have been so fortunate to view.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Were you talking to me or someone else?
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
quote:
Were you talking to me or someone else?

I should've specified so, but I was talking to you.

I really find your work to be intelligently written and your knowledge of Prince and "The Great Mouse Detective" to be astounding.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
thanks! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Well, since Nick's here, prepare to see some surprises around here! [Big Grin]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
You know, I wonder how Nick gets that cool stuff on there anyway. You know, PHP & all that...
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Is Nick OK? I haven't seen too many updates lately... [Frown]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I hope he's not dead! Yikes...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home