iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Blob (1988)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Blob (1988)
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you know, we were discussing Shawnee Smith in Saw 2 and I looked up last night and the 1988 version of The Blob is on TV. I'll be the first to say it doesn't compare to Steve McQueen's 1958 original, but the upgrade in FX makes it kind of cool.

-

or

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How wierd I just watched that today. I have the dvd so I popped it in to watch it. Great 80's movie. I really like shawnee smith. I first saw her in summer school. Then in the blod, then in becker and now in both saw movies. She looks different everytime I see her.
Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know exactly who she is now that it was mentioned that she was on the show Becker. I always thought she was cute...but there is something about her voice that is annoying and how she talks, and she kind of acts ditzy in things she's been in. But, she has a likeabily about her though.

I looked her up on IMDB to make sure I was picturing the right person, and she was in a movie in 1985 called : Not My Kid...it sounded good, it had Stockard Channing, and Kathleen Wilhoilte in it too, has anyone seen it???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS, haven't ever heard of Not My Kid.

Shawnee Smith has a daughter with another interesting Hollywood name Verve!

In her profile and in interviews that I have seen before it says that she likes to have Movie parties where lot of friends come over and they all veg out and watch classics! By classics I
of course mean 70's and 80s stuff mostly.

I liked her in Summer School as the pregnant mom!

Whoops, back to the topic at hand! Why do some of the worst flicks, this one is a good cheesey one though, have the best cover art?? I cannot figure this one out!
The Blob is worth a look see if no one has seen it. It definately does have some pretty believable special effects in it!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shawnee was great in a small role in Stephen King's "The Stand". She played a girl who had obviously "flipped" when 99.4% of the worlds population had died, and instead of embracing the first people she found (Rob Lowe and Bill Fagerbakke) she taunted and tormented them into leaving her alone again. She was finally seen in Las Vegas with Randall Flagg just before the Hand of God ignited the nuclear device.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

The Stand

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home