iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fast Times At Ridgemont High

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fast Times At Ridgemont High
Hey Bud Let's Party
Rewind Curious
Member # 4387

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hey Bud Let's Party     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else wish they could have partyed with Jeff Spicoli in school? Was Linda hot or what?

Surf's Up Dude!

Posts: 2 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i pretty much WAS spicoli in school. dude, just havin' some 'za, learning' some history.
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Mr. Tia,

Looks like I wasn't the only one who watched the extra stuff on the Fast Times DVD. That quote with the "za" should have been left in...haha [Smile] ! I heard there were a bunch of scenes of Spiccoli at the hospital at the end that got cut and destroyed. Would have loved to have seen those. Such a great movie. And yeah, Hey Bud, I wish I could've partied with Jeff. Hell, I'd get a job at Perry's Pizza [Razz] .

-"I mean look at you, you're the assistant to the assistant manager of the movie theater. If this girl can't smell your qualifications then who needs her?" -Damone [Cool]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha! that joke with, who was it, judge reinhold, driving down the road making eyes with the ladies, completely oblivious to the fact he's wearing a goofy pirate hat -- that's one of my top 100 movie gags of all time.

and what's with destroying the priceless spiccoli jokes? dag. didn't they know they'd be making a DVD in 20 years? what a drag!

do they say anything about the whole led zeppelin IV mixup? i don't remember. (there's this one scene where they're supposed to be playing Led Zeppelin IV, the album, but they actually play, like, physical graffiti or something. all the diehard LZ fans always grrrroooaaaannnn....) [Smile]

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie was named by the American Film Institute as one of the 100 greatest comedies of all time in their 100 Years, 100 Laughs list.

I think it's funny, and every time I hear Sean Penn talking about politics, all I can think of is him as Jeff Spicoli, eating pizza and not paying attention to Mr. Hand (played by the much-missed Ray Walston).

"What are you people, on dope?"

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

[ 06. November 2005, 23:07: Message edited by: rocksteadyflamethrower ]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They say to get a chick tyo make out with you to play LED ZEPPELIN II, then they show them in a car listening to "Kashmir", which is on PHYSICAL GRAFFITI.

That has bugged me for YEARS!!!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But that's the joke! Mike is giving Mark pointers about what to do on a date, and he says; "Make sure you play side 2 of Led Zeppelin IV". Then we cut to Mark and he's listening to the wrong side of the wrong album!
I think they say on the commentary that they couldn't get the rights, so they turned it into a joke.
In the book he has the right tape, but the deck gets stolen while they're eating.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you're telling me I've been playing the wrong side to the wrong tape all of these years too. Geez, I guess I should return that tapedeck to Mark Ratner and apologize. That Damone is such a jerk and he still owes me money.

First of all Rat, you never let on how much you like a girl. "Oh, Debbie. Hi." Two, you always call the shots. "Kiss me. You won't regret it." Now three, act like wherever you are, that's the place to be. "Isn't this great?" Four, when ordering food, you find out what she wants, then order for the both of you. It's a classy move. "Now, the lady will have the linguini and white clam sauce, and a Coke with no ice." And five, now this is the most important, Rat. When it comes down to making out, whenever possible, put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV. [Karate Kid]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you have Deegan? He always wore the same suit!!! He must have had a hundred. No I think he had one. [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A lot of people thought Mark "Cutback" Davis, or Dave "Jungle Death" Gerard would have taken this.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kurt Sloane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4254

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Kurt Sloane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"All i need are some tasty waves , cool buds, and iam fine"
Posts: 27 | From: Melb Victoria, Australia | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Jeff, time for school..time to get up ya booger...Dad, Jeff threw a book at me.

I don't hear you unless you knock Curtis...Entre!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home