iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » VCR Moments

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VCR Moments
Coolio-Moe-Dee
Rewind Curious
Member # 4380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Coolio-Moe-Dee   Email Coolio-Moe-Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found a video store in Delaware that rents old movies. So I rented two classics, Hell Comes to Frogtown and Bad Taste. I found myself doing the same thing my friends and I did the first time we watched them, rewinding the same scene over and over again.

Hell Comes to Frogtown...
Roddy Piper going "Whoa" after an explosion.

Bad Taste...
The exploding sheep.

I must have watched each scene five times over.

What are some of your sceve favorites from the classically bad?

Posts: 3 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illnero
Master Rewinder
Member # 4286

- posted      Profile for Illnero   Email Illnero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Suburbia when the baby gets mauled by the rabid Rotweiller. I actually like the movie and can't call it classically bad, although the acting leaves a lot to be desired.
Posts: 154 | From: between wash and spin | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Linz
Rewind Curious
Member # 4375

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Linz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Delaware and would LOVE to know where this store is located. Thanks.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
from bad taste my favorite scene is when the SWAT team guys are rolling around in the backyard of the house and there are like twenty people with machine guns just POURING bullets at the swat guys but every single one of the thousands of bullets miss and the guys just sorta roll lazily on the ground. cuz, see, they're good guys.

from suburbia, if it's the same movie i'm thinking of, i very vaguely remember a scene when a couple of punks w/ mohawks are in a mall or something and they sit down on little patches of lawn grass to watch a t.v. through a store window. i always thought that scene was real poetic for some reason.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coolio-Moe-Dee
Rewind Curious
Member # 4380

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Coolio-Moe-Dee   Email Coolio-Moe-Dee   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Linz,

The video store is called VIDEO AMERICAIN.
The one I go to is in Wilmington, on Route 202.
I believe there is another in Dover.

Posts: 3 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all,
I'm new here, but have been lurking for probably 6 months. Anyway, my husband and I loved the part in Raw Deal where Arnold talks about the girl who was "molested, murdered and mutilated" but his accent is so thick that it sounds like "she was molessed, moodered, and mootilated". We just love to rewind it and play it over and over. Also,when he comes home and the wife is drunk and made a cake, he says "YOu shouldn't dwink and bake!" Another funny part is at the end when he tells Harry to get up and walk- "Hawwy, get up and walk- you gonna be Godfadder!"

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home