iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Pure gold.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pure gold.....
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now - you guys and gals (don't think I've missed anyone there.... [Big Grin] ) only ever visit this site on the big ol' web, don'tcha?

Thought not. That's why I wanted to draw your attention to a feature of Fast Rewind that you might have overlooked. Certainly if you only ever come straight to the boards, and never visit our main site, you won't have seen what I'm talking about.

Each of our movie reviews have a link to other pages on the web. All have a link to the relevant IMDB page, and if a trailer exists online, to that IMDB page as well. In addition, the site member that wrote and submitted the review has the chance to add some links of his or her own - that they feel add depth to the work they have created.

Which brings me on to the feature I alluded to in my topic title.

- Every now and then, we find a website that is head and shoulders above any other movie page - whether they are official sites, fan sites, review pages or whatever, you just know how good they are when you find them. And to recognise these excellent resources, Nick and I will sometimes award these sites Fast Rewind Gold Status, which provides them with a little recognition from us in gratitude for their hard work and dedication to the movie. Mind you, the site has to be really great - we don't just hand these things out for nothing, you know!

One such site can be found by visiting the Some Kind Of Wonderful page HERE

If anyone knows of a website that is truly awesome that we haven't mentioned on our review pages, please let us know, either by posting here or by sending me or Nick a PM. We'll check it out, and if we also feel that the site is truly excellent, maybe you'll see the Fast Rewind Gold Award appearing on their site one day soon....

Adios for now....

Paul

[ 03. September 2008, 04:29: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The SKOW link didnt work for me, just thought i'd let you know incase somethings is wrong with the link and not my connection...
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try again now - I'd made a typo in the url..... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A very thorough site. If only every film had a site like that one!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobby Keller
Rewinder
Member # 2129

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bobby Keller   Author's Homepage   Email Bobby Keller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice for this site to get one.

http://www.thebratpacksite.com/

Posts: 43 | From: London | Registered: Nov 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tarquin Blackwood
Rewind Curious
Member # 4548

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Tarquin Blackwood   Author's Homepage   Email Tarquin Blackwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The "Pure Gold" thingy is a great idea. =)

And I agree with Boby Keller. This URL "http://www.thebratpacksite.com/" deserves one, too.

[ 26. February 2006, 22:57: Message edited by: Tarquin Blackwood ]

Posts: 3 | From: Philippines | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oreb
Senior Rewinder
Member # 5007

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Oreb   Email Oreb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
question:

how come charlie sheen has been 'actor of the week' for weeks now?

Posts: 55 | From: Croatia | Registered: Sep 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cotter
Rewinder
Member # 5081

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Cotter   Author's Homepage   Email Cotter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this one may be gold material... for my favorite movie of all time;

http://www.kutha.com/weirdscience.html

Posts: 42 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Booger
Master Rewinder
Member # 4569

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Booger   Email Booger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a great site for Commando
http://www.commandofans.com/information.html

Posts: 115 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phoenix658
Rewind Curious
Member # 6014

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for phoenix658   Email phoenix658   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that site Booger
Posts: 3 | From: Berkshire, UK | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Booger,

I just got/watched the "new" directors cut of Commando.... If you don't have it. GET IT!!!! [Smile]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
January Woman
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7815

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for January Woman   Email January Woman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, Is your favourite movie Johnny Dangerously?

[ 30. March 2009, 20:32: Message edited by: January Woman ]

Posts: 23 | From: BEVERLY HILLS, CALIFORNIA | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brown-eyed girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 8964

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brown-eyed girl   Author's Homepage   Email brown-eyed girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re the site for Some Kind of Wonderful ... I graduated from San Pedro High School, the school where the movie was filmed. We were given an opportunity to be "extras" in the movie.
Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool story brown-eyed girl.. did you get any slo-mo screen time to brag about? Or stories from the set?
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brown-eyed girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 8964

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for brown-eyed girl   Author's Homepage   Email brown-eyed girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nope, not me. We didn't see a whole lot of the actors - just walked up and down the hallways and sat around outside while they filmed.
Posts: 8 | From: USA | Registered: Jun 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have any cool stories? you gotta know anything would be sooooooooo cool in our books.

any minor details about the filming? Some Kind Of Wonderful is an ultimate favorite for alot of us here...... [Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gattaca_Forever97
Rewinder
Member # 8277

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gattaca_Forever97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Paul: The correct form of addressing should've been the following: "Dear gals, guys and "trannies" '. [Razz]
Posts: 40 | From: Bucharest, Romania | Registered: Oct 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by GattacaForever:
@Paul: The correct form of addressing should've been the following: "Dear gals, guys and "trannies" '. [Razz]

I just assumed you'd put yourself in there somewhere..... [Smile]
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
here's a pretty cool little site - http://www.canuxploitation.com/ a site dedicated to canadian b movies which celebrates all those sleazy canadian classics from the 80s such as bedroom eyes,american nightmare,screwballs,etc,etc.
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link. Looks cool [Smile]
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a site covering post-apocalyptic films - http://www.post-apocalypse.co.uk/ It has features from interviews to reviews of films including 2019: After the Fall of New York, Exterminators of the Year 3000, She, Warriors of the Wasteland. [Cool]
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have another one, Hysteria Lives!- http://www.hysteria-lives.co.uk/ It covers slasher films and has such features as essays, interviews and photographs.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everything you always wanted to know about 80's finest production company The Cannon Group :

www.cannon.org.uk

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Keller:
It would be nice for this site to get one.

http://www.thebratpacksite.com/

It would be awesome if that site had a forum so we could all discuss the awesome "Brat Pack!".
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
Everything you always wanted to know about 80's finest production company The Cannon Group :

www.cannon.org.uk

This link doesn't lead to that terrific Cannon Group site anymore.. [Frown]

I wonder what happened to it, and if it still exists.

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home