iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Sad 80s Movies! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sad 80s Movies!
80's Geek
Rewind Curious
Member # 5893

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for 80's Geek   Email 80's Geek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She's Having A Baby hospital scene. I went through the same thing with my wife 12 years ago and it still kills me to watch it.
Posts: 3 | From: az | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
valleygirl
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 5628

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for valleygirl   Email valleygirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
E.T still always gets me...beaches and terms of endearment. yeah, that last scene in shes having a baby is a real tear jerker too..
Posts: 24 | From: california | Registered: Feb 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ness11
Rewind Curious
Member # 5925

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ness11   Email ness11   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about Ghost? I do not remember though wether it was 80's or 90's
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jul 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KISSMAD
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for KISSMAD   Email KISSMAD   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Last American Virgin gets my vote.
Posts: 65 | From: Aussieland | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chopping Mall... Can you believe that robot blew the head off of that blonde!!! What a waste... [Smile]

All right. Ghost kills me too... [Frown] [Wink]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seize the Day.

This picture receives my vote.

Watching everything in Tommy Wilhelm's (Robin Williams) life go wrong is enough to make you unhappy. [Frown]

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
without a doubt - Stealing Home

but on a funnier note, have you ever seen anyone cry over back to the future 2...me either til NOW

Please watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqWX3uYj_0&feature=relmfu

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol

there's a whole website of videos of this guy's wife crying over random stuff

cryingwife.com

but yeah, she's great..she needs to be in movies=)...though it does look a little staged at times...still very funny though

[ 18. March 2011, 08:29: Message edited by: The Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liar's Moon-especially the alternate sad ending I had only read about-and then was surprised to see on the video tape I had to special order.

Two others-but from the 70's.
The Champ!
The Way We Were-I was pretty young when I saw it on cable-probably too young to really understand it-but the ending seemed so sad to me at the time.

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Two others-but from the 70's.
The Champ!
The Way We Were-I was pretty young when I saw it on cable-probably too young to really understand it-but the ending seemed so sad to me at the time.

'The Champ' destroys me! I also genuinely like 'The Way We Were' (but it doesn't make me cry).
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
I also genuinely like 'The Way We Were' (but it doesn't make me cry).

Hard [Razz]

Grave of the fireflies is probably the saddest 80's one for me.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a few I'll go with ..

Mask

E.T.

Steel Magnolias

Terms of Endearment

Ordinary People

Beaches

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bounty. The ending where the mutineers as well as their women watch from Pitcairn Island as "The Bounty," having been set on fire to avoid detection, sinks beneath the waves and Fletcher Christian (Mel Gibson) is asked by one of his crewmates that they will never get off this island, they will never see England again, made me cry when I saw this as a child.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some good choices on here.

I gotta go with SIX WEEKS. I was just a kid when we saw this at the Blue Ridge Mall and couldn't hold back some tears. Not sure anyone did. It breaks my heart when parents lose a child.

Not really a tearjerker but the last scene of Against the Odds is a very emotional scene.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home