iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » In honor of Halloween--Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: In honor of Halloween--Scariest Movie You've Ever Seen?
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
No more clowns and no more ventriliquist dummys anyway! (Dolls that look too "real" are spooky too. Remember that doll in CURTAINS? Ay caramba, or that clown doll in POLTERGUIEST? Yowza!)

What about MAGIC! That little guy scaried the cripes out of me as a kid.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last House on the Left totally scared the s**t outta me.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mr getz:
anyone think the preacher kane from poltergeist 2 is creepy?

Oh God - yeah! [Eek!]

And the most frightening thing about him, is that I have a feeling they didn't use any make-up......he just LOOKS like that!! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We used to watch one here in the UK called the (70s though, id guess) Booggie Man!! I think it was about this man who committed a murder and someone his evil spirt was caught in the mirror, until oneday it was broken again............he carried a HUGE knife that was so big he could actualy stab two people at once!! I think it was banned here in the the end as it seemed to disappear about 86?
Also found the Evil Dead, Elm St very scarey and a film thats reviewed on this site called Day of the Dead!

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that BOOGIE MAN movie. Ahahaha. It had asequel but I didnt see that one.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trash4130
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3386

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Trash4130   Email Trash4130   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i definitely had nightmares of Freddy when i was younger. it might not of been 80s but high in the sky scared the **** out of me aswell. i'll never forget the poltigiest either! i was scared of a lot of films when i was younger hah
Posts: 77 | From: London, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illnero
Master Rewinder
Member # 4286

- posted      Profile for Illnero   Email Illnero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I

Spit

On

Your

Grave"

Please don't get mad at me if you decide this. You've been warned.

And to the bravest of brave souls who may claim to have cast-iron stomachs, I dare you to watch a triple bill of "Irreversible," "Last House on the Left," and "I Spit On Your Grave." Double dog dare you!

Posts: 154 | From: between wash and spin | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I think you're gonna need a bigger boat! [Eek!]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
 -

I think you're gonna need a bigger boat! [Eek!]

-  -
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrBluenoser
Rewind Curious
Member # 4370

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for MrBluenoser   Email MrBluenoser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would have to say the scariest movie I ever saw was House by the Cemetary. I remember my sister and I sitting on the edge of the couch through most of the movie when I saw it years ago. I rented it again last Halloween and it just wasn't the same as when I was an early teen. It's the one that always comes to mind when I think of scary movies.
Posts: 3 | From: Southern Ontario | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J4E
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4371

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J4E   Email J4E   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nightmare on Elm Street really scared me but I must admit.... movies like the Exorcist and Amityville Horror and the Omen creep me out the most.
Posts: 20 | From: Georgia | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Shining was very terrifying back then for me, the old lady in the tub, and the music just made it so jittery. The Beast Within was pretty creepy too.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one is Suspiria a 1977 movie from Dario Argento. Scared the hell out of me.  -  -
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah. The first time I tryed to watch SUSPIRIA I was in the house alone at night and had to turn it off.

I love that one though and have since watched it about six times.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr getz
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4338

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mr getz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
did anyone see the movie ed gein on tv the other night? that was kinda creepy as it actually happend
Posts: 13 | From: bath | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I missed it but I did see HENRY PORTAIT OF A SERIAL KILLER, another scary true story.
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
henry portrait of a serial killer totally ruined my whole week. brilliant movie, but god, so messed up. not scary so much as relentlessly depressing and abysmal.

i'm gonna have to go with "the changeling," "exorcist III," "legend of hell house," "psycho."

ed gein was pretty good.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who like Ghost stories, there's the little heard of, little seen, 'Woman In Black'. It'll scare the pants off ya!:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098672/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got the woman in black for £1.95 on Amazon.co.uk it is great.
Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking back now it seems a bit tame but one movie that really freaked me out in the day was the original PHANTASM!!!

That was one ****ed up movie and the Tall Man was just plain creepy...

Of course I don't get scared by too many movies these days, life is a lot more frightening [Wink]

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
phantasm rocked. the little ball with the razors...
Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home