iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Worst of the lot...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Worst of the lot...
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Name the worst sequel in any genre of movies that you can. For instance, Halloween 3 was named as total junk before. What other horror movies are terrible as an individual sequel? Was the first one the worst one? What comedies had terrible sequels?

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Police Academy 2 thru 6
Home Alone 3
Honey I Did Something Else With The Kids To Make Money For Disney
Return To Oz
Batman And Robin

I appreciate not all of these are (or are sequels of) 80s movies. But they still suck....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weekend at Bernies II.

I loved the first one but even I was beside myself when I heard there would be a sequel...and, yup, it was crap!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The ModGod Formerly Known as Paul:
Police Academy 2 thru 6
Home Alone 3
Honey I Did Something Else With The Kids To Make Money For Disney
Return To Oz
Batman And Robin

I appreciate not all of these are (or are sequels of) 80s movies. But they still suck....

Well, if the semantics mean that these are supposed to be *sequels to 80s movies* instead of mere movie sequels, the only one that wouldn't count is "Home Alone", being as that one was released in 1990.

If not, then most of your answers are still wrong even though you've acknowledged that they are. [Razz] [Wink]

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

JUST JOKING!

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seriously, though, I would like to say that the worst 80s sequel I can think of would be 1989's "Lethal Weapon 2".

To be truthful, the movie isn't all that bad, yet at the same time it's a sad harbinger of what would happen with the series in the future. There was less of an emphasis on human emotions in "LW2", and more of a concentration on things blowing up real good.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All those Howling sequels. Not that the first one was great...oh and An American Werewolf in Paris. Liked the London one, but the other sucked!! Prom Night 3...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey I actually loved Lethal Weapon 2 the best of all of them. I know that Joe Pesci can kind of be annoying but heis really awesome in this one. OKAY OKAY OKAY!!

I kind of have to agree with the Police Academy thing. Although Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach was pretty good. I liked the bag bit where the idiot crooks got the wrong bag and tried to retrieve it back from Lassard.

As far as really bad sequals go I am still looking forward to a really bad SHAG sequal........................which would be so good I would end up loving it!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Mannaquin 2 On The Move (sorry Muffy...haha). I tried but I couldn't deal with the lack of Andrew McCarthy and Kim Catrall. Also, any Revenge of the Nerds after Nerds in Paradise, and even that was pushing it.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psycho 3
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Caddyshack II and Blues Brothers 2000 both fell incrdibly flat compared to their predecessors.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr getz
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4338

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mr getz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jack frost 2 the return of the killer mutant snowman ... pretty bad
Posts: 13 | From: bath | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, but part ONE of Jack Frost was pretty bad as well!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr getz
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4338

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mr getz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
heh true i just remember it being bad
Posts: 13 | From: bath | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How ironic, the TV station I work at will be airing Jack Frost (or Frost 2, not sure yet) this Saturday night when I'm on shift.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
dont miss the snowman rape with carrot scene.
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one's mentioning Teen Wolf Too?
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gremlins 2-The New Batch...has to be one of the all time worst...because Gremlins was awesome, and I hated the New Batch -they weren't cool like the first ones ...and Zach and Phoebe both looked dumpy looking in it, and the Gremlins talked like real people, it was just really BAD!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween 3
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul, I thought Return to Oz was great!

Warlock 2
Predator 2
Ghostbusters 2
Beverly Hills Cop 3
Jaws 3D
Jaws 4
Look who's talking too
Superman 4 : The quest for peace
The hills have eyes 2
Nightmare on Elm Street 2 and 6

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr getz
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4338

Rate Member
children of the corn 2 and 3 both no way as near as good as the first

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home