iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Guess Who......The Revenge!!! >:o}

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess Who......The Revenge!!! >:o}
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!!!

I’m back in the world of the 80s!! Work as a new Network installed and I have been give a nice new IBM ThinkPad to surf the net with!! ;o) I’m quite busy these days but hopefully will be able to visit a few times a week. Thought I’d celebrate my return with a Guess Who……get guessing Jessie!!

No cheating now……….girls and boys…..

Height
5' 5" (1.65 m)

Was born in Manhattan in 1955

Won a Grammy in 1985

Won a Tony in 2002

Is dyslexic.

Wears Wire-rimmed sunglasses.

Three times married – three times divorced!

Was once addicted to drugs.

Worked in a funeral parlor and as a bricklayer while taking small parts on Broadway, moved to California and worked with improv groups, and developed skills as a stand-up comedienne. Came to prominence doing an HBO special

Listed as one of twelve Promising New Actors of 198? in "John Willis's Screen World,"

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happysunshine28
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4345

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for happysunshine28   Email happysunshine28   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it possible that this person just did a new HBO special.
Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... wire-rimmed glasses... "comedienne" (therefore, female)... Grammy Award winner... HBO appearance... New Yorker....

Is it WHOOPI GOLDBERG?

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done that was a great guess. Here leave you in know doubt about who it was here are some further intresting facts.........

First came to prominence with a supporting role in, received much critical acclaim for the role and became a major star as a result.
Subsequent efforts in the late 1980s were, at best, marginal hits. These movies mostly were off-beat to formulaic comedies.

Contributes voice to many cartoons, including The Pagemaster (1994) and "Captain Planet and the Planeteers" (1990), as Gaia, the voice of the earth. Alternating between big-budget movies, independent movies, tributes, documentaries, and even TV movies (including Theodore Rex (1995)).

No eyebrows

Became the very first woman to host the Academy Awards when she did so in 1994.

Travels to locations by bus since she hates flying.

Dropped out of high school and became addicted to heroin. She ended up marrying her drug counselor. She cleaned up and later divorced him. In 1974 she moved to California and helped found the San Diego Repertory Company, where she used the name, Cushion. Before making it as an actress, she worked as a bank teller, a bricklayer and in a mortuary.

She was inspired to become an actress by watching Nichelle Nichols's portrayal of Uhura on "Star Trek" (1966).

In the "Absolutely Fabulous" (1992) series episode "Gay," played a woman who arranges marriages. In her guest-starring role in "The Nanny" (1993) (episode "Making"). she played a wedding planner.

Has a tattoo of Woodstock (the bird from the Charles M. Schulz's "Peanuts" cartoon strip) on her shoulder.

ook actor Michael J. Fox as her date to the 1986 Academy Awards when she was nominated for "A Color Purple".

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home