iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Are any of these horror movies any good?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are any of these horror movies any good?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at Best Buy today and I saw a movie called The Hitcher with C. Thomas Howell and Jennifer Jason Leigh from 1984. I was so tempted to buy it but I thought I'd check with you guys first.

I also saw a new dvd edition of The Fog. Isis actually mentioned it to me but we didn't talk much about what it was like.

Finally, I saw a cheesy slasher flick on the shelf called Girls Night Out. Any input on these would be great! [Wink]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have The Hitcher, Cindy...but only on VHS. It is SCARY! I can't believe you haven't seen it. It is one we should watch...it is so scary!! I think you'll like it...but it is one that might give ya nightmares, fer shur.

I like the Fog...cause it is different....Jamie Lee Curtis and Janet Leigh are in it...and the other girl that was in Halloween...the dark haired girl...who is babysitting and is Laurie's best friend...she is also in the Fog, so I like seeing the same people do different things together. Adrienne Barbeau is in it too...and I like her in it, she is a radio dj that does her broadcast from the light house...and I think she lives in it too. It is pretty creepy.

I don't know about the last one though...I never even heard of it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Hitcher is a cool movie. I own that DVD. It's a mix between a thriller and horror. Check it out.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, The Hitcher and The Fog are both excellent - though completely different to each other. Never heard of the other one though.
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love C. Thomas Howell...and not just because he goes by C T to all his friends [Wink] He was a good actor in the 80s. The Hitcher is still a great movie(one of my mother's favorite) I'm surprised they hav'nt made a REMAKE.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Fog is good...kind of spooky. I'm not sure how great the remake will be, but the original is really good. The Hitcher was pretty good too. Seems like there's all kinds of movies nowadays with phantom drivers chasing people, like the one with Paul Walker that I can't think of the name right now. Rutger Hauer plays a good role in The Hitcher.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, The Hitcher is an great movie. Very creepy and let's put this way, you will never pick-up a hitchhiker ever again after watching it. Had some surprises that I appreciated. [Eek!]

The Fog was excellent during it's time period, but seems kind of dated now. Maybe that is why a remake is coming out soon. Ya think?

Pettyfan, the movie you can't think of the name of is Joy Ride.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I hate to disagree, but I don't scare easy. THE HITCHER and THE FOG didn't really work for me.(Not scary enough).
I don'ty know about a HITCHER re-make...but they did a PART 2 about a year ago...so that may be a more "modern" take on THE HITCHER. (Did anyone see HITCHER PART 2? Was it good?)
THE FOG could use a re-make but a LOT of the current re-makes (HOUSE OF WAX anyone?) have been totally sucky. I hope maybe THE FOG remake is decent.(But I doubt it).
As for, GIRLS NIGHT OUT I looked around for it and most of the vids called GIRLS NIGHT OUT were about male strippers or Tom Jones! LOL! IMDB has a listing for CREEPY TALES: GIRLS NIGHT OUT so thats probably the one your thinking of. Only one person reviewed it...but they gave it a good review.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I am going to say that these movies were ok. I do like the Hitcher, but the fog is being pushed now because of the new fog. I do own it, but it's not great cinema.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home