iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Name of a movie... About INVISIBILITY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Name of a movie... About INVISIBILITY
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, here we go...

So I rented a movie way back when.

It was about a geek in high school who's scientist father died, I think.

Anyway the kid stumbles upon his father's INVISIBILITY experiment and accidentily perfects it. Anyway he does the usual things that a teenage boy would do if they could become invisible, like going in the girls locker room.

From what I remember, the substance wore off eventually and didn't affect clothing.

This ought to help identify the film:

As crazy as it sounds, the secret ingredient to the INVISIBILITY stuff was bird droppings from the birds living outside the kids house. The father never figured it out, or something.

In the end the boy gets the girl...

Anyone know the name of this movie? Would be appreciated. I'm guessing it's late 80's, possibly very early '90s.

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could it be 'The Invisible Kid'?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095381/

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job! I usually do the IMDB plot searches when I'm trying to find the name of something, but was too lazy this time around.

Thanks!

-

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has to be 80's right?

If it is I can only think of The Onvisible Kid.

If not how about "Now you see them, Now you Don't"

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

To correct you, it always didn't effect clothing. They would have to be naked to not be seen, which I enjoyed because it made sense.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im looking forward to seeing the Onvisible Kid.
Its a catchy title,kind'a cryptic.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I meant Invisible Kid not Onvisible Kid!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to watch this tonight as it is one of my favorites from many viewings as a kid.....it needs a DVD release for sure. I haven't seen it in a few years so off I go and will be back with some witty commentary [Smile]
 -

-

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I haven't seen it in a few years so off I go and will be back with some witty commentary [Smile]
Two days, man. Two days I've been waiting here. [Roll Eyes]

I remember really liking The Invisible Kid, but I haven't seen it in years.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm......This movie had alot of 80's boobs and you know 80's boobs are very different then the boobs of today so beware! I really like Jay Underwood. Loved him in The Boy that Could Fly and he did play the punk bf in Uncle Buck. Karen Black plays such an over the top evil mom haha

It's definatly campy and low budget.....I love Chynna Phillips doing the strip tease when she was invisible. "nah nah na nah"

I think i've always loved this movie cause I saw it so much as a kid......Was it an USA "up" all night movie? maybe??

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
hmmm......This movie had alot of 80's boobs

Now i really hate the dude who didn´t send me the tape
even though i already had paid for it!! [Mad] [Mad] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Track this down again, Atomik. I think it'll be worth it.

quote:
This movie had alot of 80's boobs and you know 80's boobs are very different then the boobs of today so beware!
They were better!

I always liked the UK cover (this was the best I could do):

-

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh i will hunt this sucker down [Big Grin]

We had the same cover art logan5.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Just realised it's on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_F36za9TwQ

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, would you look at that! Logan, you helped this person find this movie almost 5 years ago. What a guy! [Smile]

I just watched this movie for the first time the other day. Not bad.

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Awww, would you look at that! Logan, you helped this person find this movie almost 5 years ago. What a guy! [Smile]
I thought this was a new thread!
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm a woman and I think 80's boobs were better! haha

I can't wait to see what Atomik thinks of this movie.....I really think I like it because I watched it so much as a kid [Smile]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's boobs were real! Real men like real boobs!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I'm a woman and I think 80's boobs were better! haha
You have taste and perspective.

quote:
80's boobs were real! Real men like real boobs!
All men like real boobs.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home