iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Which Porky's is your favorite?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which Porky's is your favorite?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been on a Porky's kick lately. I finally found a copy of Porky's Revenge and I think I like it better than Part II. I thought the Blossom character was pretty damn funny. Meat had more of a role...I don't know. They're all so good. So which one do you guys like best? [Big Grin]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked the last one the best I think. Isn't that the one when they do the play. I remember when Wendy gets the fake boobs full of fake vomit and goes into that restaurant. Also when Miss Ballbricker is in telling the men at the school about what Tommy did and they cannot control their laughing. Wait--that might not have been the last one! Anyway, a hilarious scene.

When I think of Porky's I think of all of the funny scenes!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one by far. Sketch artist for the penis. LMAO...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one is the only one I liked. Well, I never saw Part Three. I hated Part Two though. (The fake vomit was in Part Two)
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

the original porky's is definitely my favourite of the three,part 2 is a bit of a step down but still pretty good fun.

when i first watched porky's revenge back in my teens i really didn't take to it much and found it barely raised a smile let alone a laugh and was overall very dissapointed with what i saw!

since revisiting it i've grown to like it a fair old bit and for me perhaps it feels more in tone with the original than the second part (the next day) and there's actually some pretty amusing moments in there.

not sure why i initially didn't take to it but pleased that i did revisit it,i think it's always worth giving a movie a second chance as it's happened more than a couple off times to me where i've gone back to a flick and thought actually that weren't too bad!

-

https://youtu.be/QWmtDAIK03M - porky's trailer

https://youtu.be/ajZTZ2agLi4 - porky's 2 - the next day trailer

https://youtu.be/jqvhxCZkkRs - porky's revenge trailer.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked all of them, but the original was easily the best.

-

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rewatched Porky´s last night. First time from the Arrow blu which included cool Bob Clark interview and nice booklet.

It´s such a fun film and a real groundbreaker when it comes to big studio teen sex films.
The cast is awesome and there´s so many great scenes and most of them are based on real events according to Clark.

This was the first time i realised that it´s the goddess Jill Whitlow (Night of the Creeps) in her first movie role who plays Mindy
and asks why Tony Ganios´ character is called Meat [Smile]

-

Original poster art:

-

Danish poster art:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember seeing Porky's at a sneak preview long before it was officially released. I, along with the rest of the audience, laughed super hard. It's one of those movies that was destined to be hated by critics, but loved by audiences. OK, it's not high art, but if you judge a film by whether it succeeds on what it sets out to do, then Porky's is a rollicking success. It sets out to be really, really funny, nothing more, nothing less--and it is. From the moment that the film starts with Dan Monahan and his ruler in bed, you know that film has nowhere to go but even lower in the gutter for laughs. But that's OK. There's something really charming about doing anything to please an audience. Porky's certainly was groundbreaking in explicitness for teen comedies.

[ 18. July 2016, 14:47: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first one is actually the only one I've seen all the way through. Only have seen bits n pieces of the others.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Finland the vhs cover art looked like this:

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 -

I rewatched Porky´s II: The Next Day and it´s a good sequel.
Almost entire cast from the original came back and i love to see more of these guys.

Not much nudity in this one but you gotta love Cisse "Graveyard Gloria" Cameron.
Porky himself is absent but we still have lots of cool bad guys: evil reverend Flavel (awesome Bill Wiley),
group of KKK members and all those corrupt city officials featuring the sleazy Gebhardt (great Edward Winter).

Lots of good stuff here including the superfun Kaki Hunter finale. One of the best comedy sequels IMO.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Porky's 2 was the first one from the series that I watched and though less Raunchy than the original it still has its fair share of laughs.

Love the scenes where the Klan get there comeuppance and the graveyard prank where Pee Wee does a runner completely starkers pass the two disbelieving police officers and then the drunk guy in the zombie costume jumps out in front of there car!

-

Here's my UK VHS box art for Porky's Revenge from CBS/FOX Video.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Watched Porky´s Revenge and it´s also a good sequel.
surprisingly many original actors and actresses still among the cast. More nudity, fun jokes and basketball.

Playboy Playmate of the Month September 1984, Kimberly Evenson is a sight for sore eyes.
I like the Dave Edmunds end credits tune High School Nights and we can also hear some synth sounds on the soundtrack.

Overall, this is still a very good T&A comedy series. Anyone seen the 2009 film Pimpin´ Pee Wee directed by Brian Trenchard-Smith?

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Porky's Revenge was a fun final entry in the series and it's great how they managed to keep so many of the original cast on board and capture much of the look and feel of the original despite having a different director.

-

Here's my arrow steelbook which uses the original art minus a few details like the peeping eye through the hole in the wall which is on the back of the cover.

And here's the inside -

-

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved the first Porky's but the sequels kinda blew, much like the Revenge of the Nerds movies.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of franchises have diminishing returns--Nerds, Jaws, Airport, Billy Jack LOL...
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home