iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Similar films like Goonies and Flight of the Navigator?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Similar films like Goonies and Flight of the Navigator?
emporio
Rewind Curious
Member # 4327

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for emporio   Email emporio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all.

How wonderful. After 15 years of not knowing wether it was a dream, I found out I once watched the wonderful Flight of the Navigator. Been having a few scenes in mind and asking so many since, but noone knew about it. A few days ago another mentioned it!How great!

My question is do any of you know of any similar films like that, or like the wonderful The Goonies?
The typical 80's "boy/boys conquer bad guys - and getting friends again with his bigbrother who is really mean and dating the queen of the high school"?

Would appreciate any info anyone has. And thx for a great board and site!wow

Kind regards from the cold North.

[ 03. October 2005, 13:44: Message edited by: emporio ]

Posts: 4 | From: Copenhagen | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a movie called "Russkies" with Peter Billingsley that is sort of along the lines of The Goonies.

I have never seen Flight of the Navigator...but what about The Last Starfighter?? That is a good one too.

Another good movie is "Lucas"...it kind of has a similiar cast like the Goonies, but they don't find any treasure.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explorers has some Goonie elements to it.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget The MONSTER SQUAD...
Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emporio
Rewind Curious
Member # 4327

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for emporio   Email emporio   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow - thx a bunch for some fast replies. The "magic" and "adventure" in those 80 movies were amazing, and plz suggest more if you know of any.

Thx again.

Kind regards from the cold North

Posts: 4 | From: Copenhagen | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Copenhagen ROCKS!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
Copenhagen ROCKS!

Definitely! One of the coolest places in Europe.

Well, this is not exactly like the Goonies, but Lost Boys has the boys-conquering-bad-guys element (vampires in this case) and also the big brother (who is about to turn bad).
What can I say - I just love this movie! [Big Grin]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emporio
Rewind Curious
Member # 4327

Rate Member
Ali with an I>hehe [Smile] Thx...yeah, Copenhagen is great.
When have you been here?Massive changes are happening, the city is growing and expanding so fast.

As Deathbystero80 said, well, it is not really one of the coldest places in Europe. I could easily mention atleast 10 other places. However during wintertime it is dark all the time:) (and ofcourse also cold:)) . When you wake up it's dark and around 3pm it already starts to get dark..
Some hot chocolate and filmwatching definately is the cure:)
Pretty clear to see how the faces of people up here changes when spring starts...hehe

But thx you so much for all your suggestions. How wonderful there are a bunch of people out there loving these films too.

And yet again..kind regards from the cold..AND dark north:-)

deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by emporio:

As Deathbystero80 said, well, it is not really one of the coldest places in Europe. I could easily mention atleast 10 other places.

Oh no, emporio, I said Copenhagen was one of the "coolest" places in Europe, not "coldest" !!! It was a compliment!!!
[Frown]

I've been there twice on business trips and was lucky enough to have some time in the evenings to walk around the town center, and we stumbled upon this absolutely awesome jazz pub. I also thought the people were so nice and laid back, I really want to go back and spend some time there on a holiday.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emporio
Rewind Curious
Member # 4327

Rate Member
deathbystereo80 >ohhhh....I'm sorry!!!Forgive me...:-)

Thx u so much for the kind words...
How cool you have been here in Copenhagen!
What was the name of the Jazz pub btw?Copenhagen Jazz house?
Great you liked up here. Copenhagen is a bit like London and many places in US..I mean so much more different that the rest of the country...and how great that is:D

mr getz
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4338

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mr getz   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mac and me maybe or willow?
Posts: 13 | From: bath | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does LABYRINTH count?
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tommy tricker and the Stamp Traveller (Part 1)
Purple People Eater with Neil Patrick Harris.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home