iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Jason- Friday the 13th

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jason- Friday the 13th
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the first Friday the 13th last night, I have it on DVD, but every time I ever tried to watch it from beginning to end I never made it through it, and I didn't pay as close attention to it as I did part 2.

But, last night after the truck driver offers Annie a ride, and he is telling her the place is cursed, and she shouldn't go, and he tells her about the boy drowning...he says it happened in 1957, and 2 counselors were killed in 1958.

So, if the first Friday the 13th came out in 1980 and Jason was 10 (I think) when he drowned, that would have made him 33 years old in the first one. And today Jason would be 58 years old.

I guess they didn't stick with that date for accuracy though...cause I think in part 2....that was only a few years later..maybe 5 at the most...cause when I watched it, Amy Steel says Jason would be grown by now...and that's no joke, he would have been pushing 40.

I just was wondering if anyone else had ever stopped to try and figure out Jason's age in the first 2 movies? Cause I thought he was still a little boy in the first one....but if you go by the dates he sure wasn't...so I was wondering in the end scene, when he grabs her and pulls her in to the water...is that suppose to be a dream, or did they want you to think that was him and that's what he looked?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend did...the last time we watched one. He said "Jason has to be pushing 60 by now....Man, is he spry...especially for a guy whose been killed a thousand times!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes...I guess keeping physically fit by killing people...and living an all natural lifestyle there in the woods ....really helps maintain your youth. [Big Grin] [Eek!]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Hadn't thought about it. I always did wonder, though, (I swear) about Michael Myers' age in the Halloween movies. Like how old he was when he killed his sister...I guess I never liked the Friday the 13th movies as much as the other ones.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I thought Michael Myers was around 8-10 when he killed his sister, and that he spent 10 years in that mental institution with the doctor...and he escaped when he was about 18-20.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Michael officially did his sister in when he was 6 and escaped for the first time at 21.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I was close.... [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes] [Cool]
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I agree about the age of Jason, it is important to remember though that 2, 3, and 4 happen over the course of 3 days.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plus in JASON X they talk about how he has a remarkable regenerative ability. So he probably ages slower too.

Of course these are just movies, and expecting continuity across the franchise isn't really going to happen.

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew that 2, 3, and 4 happened over a 3 day time frame. That puts an interesting spin into things...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I never realized that either...only now I remember in part 3, them driving by and seeing Amy Steel being put in the ambulance, and they went to a farmhouse. I can't remember who they all were and why they were all there though, they weren't camp counselors. I do remember that Kris had seen Jason before, and would have nightmares about him...I wonder why she wanted to go back there again?
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody knows the "BODYCOUNT" for all the people JASON has killed???...it's gotta be in the high hundreds don't you think????
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
87 + 5 in Freddy/Jason movie = a 92 person bodycount. Michael Myers has 66....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TNUC
Master Rewinder
Member # 3594

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TNUC   Author's Homepage   Email TNUC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you guys want an "OFFICIAL" body count from the jason movies, check out this site...

http://home.comcast.net/~Kat9119/main.htm

go to "body counts" and they have each one for every movie

this site is the ultimate for jason goods

Posts: 193 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home