iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Your current DVD wish list?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your current DVD wish list?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What DVD's are you guys wanting to buy next?

My list:

Too Close for Comfort Seasons 1-2
Dynasty
Caddyshack
Dolls

Private School and The Facts of Life would be nice too! Oh here it comes, Valley you know I can't go too long without having an outburst. Where is Private School Universal?? Where is that DVD you made nice new cover art for?? Huh? The one everyone pre-ordered on Amazon??? I want to know dammit! Is it too much to ask to see Matt Modine in drag, sweating to Vanity 6?? Ugh, I'm at a loss here [Mad] .

[ 10. September 2005, 21:54: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list:

Savage Streets (always being outbid)
Mischief (finally it's out)
Revenge of the Ninja (alltime fave)
She's out of control
Just one of the guys(so expensive though)
Xanadu
Summer School
The Wizard

Also Rad, Night of the Creeps, Joysticks and Thunder Alley have always been a thorn in my side for acquiring, but looks like I will have to get homemade DVD's, Square Pegs as well.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy that rant was hilarious, but so sad as well. My Tivoing of Private School, Just One Of the Guys, & The Heavenly Kid is really helping my lack of DVD for now. I know Just One Of The Guys is available but it's usually $20, so I haven't made the DVD purchase yet because most 80's movies are only around $10 usually.

I really want Making The Grade on DVD, but I can't find it any stores. I need to breakdown and get it from Amazon I guess.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm waiting on a fan-to-fan DVD of "Private School" to arrive from an eBay seller soon. I also purchased "My Chauffer".

I'm also looking to acquire DVD copies of:

-"Year Of The Dragon"
-"Off Limits"
-"Pennies From Heaven"
-"Downtown" (An 80s movie by virtue of copyright date...Don't believe me? Watch the credits.)

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MONSTER SQUAD!!! Lots of extras and bring back the cast, similar to what WB did with The Goonies...
Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wish list.
i also want
private school on dvd
modern girls
endless love ( i really want to see this one )
my little pony the movie
the chipmunk adventure

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gabriela
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4297

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gabriela     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter wants
Beverly Hills 90210

Posts: 11 | From: Berlin - Germany | Registered: Sep 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, are you able to burn a movie you Tivoed? I'm not sure how that works...It's cool that you got some classics on there!

And Rainbow, nice call with the Modern Girls. That soooo needs a DVD release!

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish they would put out a box set of all the episodes of Thundarr The Barbarrian. That is my favorite cartoon ever.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have St Elmos and Pretty In Pink but am hoping with all of my fingers and toes crossed that John Hughes' pack of three may be available here. There are so many movies that you guys talk about that we just don't get on DVD here. you can hunt for them on video but they are rare. Was it you who was looking for Valley Girl, Stitchgroover? If so, did you find it? I am keen to see it.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TV Shows on DVD...for me go on and on...

of course I want Isis on DVD...

but then I want:

The Bionic Woman
The Six Million Dollar Man
Grizzly Adams
Alice
Family
Eight is Enough
The Man from Atlantis
The Alpha Team: Search and Rescue
Run Joe Run
Lucan
The Kroft Supershow
Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

For movies:
Silent Scream
Private School
Curse 2
Rich Girl
Hardbodies
The Stepfather

the one movie I am dying to see right now, and have been for so long, is :

Skatetown USA. I think I'll go look for it again.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought of some tv shows [Wink]
I want
life goes on
blossom
charles in charge
the patty duke show

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Hey Rainbow,

I agree, I'd love to have Charles in Charge on DVD too. While we're at it, can I add My Two Dads, Silver Spoons, Bossom Buddies and It's A Living? They all deserve a DVD release, don't you think?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home