iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Where they went wrong.....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where they went wrong.....
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was watching Jaws this morning on regular TV...and thinking...how in movies a bad decision can change the whole outcome, and was thinking of how many movies...the outcome would have been different, but they did something really stupid..like with Jaws...I think where it all went wrong was when they decided to tie Jaws to the boat. I mean really...looking at it now...that didn't seem to be brightest idea, cause it led to it pulling them in to the water.

Then I saw a piece of Ghostbusters, and where it went wrong on it ,was when they shut down the protection grid...and it set all the ghosts loose....

of course these things had to happen for the big finale....I was thinking of other movies that had big finale endings and thinking Where it all went wrong...now some movies just start off on the wrong foot...like First Blood....it all went wrong when the sheriff told Rambo to leave town before he ever got to town....if he would have just let him go get something to eat..then well...there wouldn't have been a movie....

but that is the whole point of alot of movies...is 1 bad decision makes the whole movie....

I just thought it was kind of interesting if you think about it...where did it all go wrong??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The Last American Virgin... thinking that she was going to appreciate everything he did. That was the wrong move.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I was watching Jaws this morning on regular TV...and thinking...how in movies a bad decision can change the whole outcome, and was thinking of how many movies...the outcome would have been different, but they did something really stupid..like with Jaws...I think where it all went wrong was when they decided to tie Jaws to the boat. I mean really...looking at it now...that didn't seem to be brightest idea, cause it led to it pulling them in to the water.

I just think they needed a bigger boat. The look on Roy Scheider face when he first sees Jaws is cinematic horroe at it's finest.

This is a great topic. How about in Top Gun...maybe if Maverick hadn't been out drinking and taking Charlotte Blackwood to bed the night before, he might have had better control of his plane the next day and Goose with two Os might still be with us.

If Stef had just gotten on the bus with the cheerleaders in All The Right Moves his scholarship offers would have been pouring in. I know if my coach had told me to ride back with the cheerleaders....I'm there!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...how about if John Travolta would have just called Bobby back in Saturday Night Fever...he'd still be with us too.

The bigger boat thing in Jaws...I think they would have needed a Cruise ship. Actually I think where they went wrong was hiring Quint...I mean he was an interesting fellow...but what good did he actually do, cause he ended up burning up the motor, and it was his bright idea to tie the shark to the boat...at least the other 2 had sense enough to cut the rope.

And in the end...you all know what happened to him....shark bait!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illnero
Master Rewinder
Member # 4286

- posted      Profile for Illnero   Email Illnero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Election, where Mr. McAllister throws away Tracy Flick's one ballot to make sure that she didn't win the school presidency. If only he had pocketed the ballot and thrown it away somewhere far away from the campus. He wouldn't have to face public humiliation like he did. Save Ferris indeed!
Posts: 154 | From: between wash and spin | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Neal Page had just waited to go out on the 8 o'clock flight with Mr. Bueller, he'd never have to suffer the indignity of sleeping in the same bed with another man and getting picked up by his you-know-what.

If troopers Daniel and Mount had let Elwood Blues slide on a light that was upon closer evalutaion yellow and not red as they supposed, they'd never had ended up in the back of that truck.

If Dr. Jenning had thought out that he clearly had no control over the laser spectroscope, Howard would have remained safely on Duckworld, and Jenning himself would never have found himself possessed by the Dark Overlord.

The list goes on and on, fed by the bizarre logic that is Hollywood scripting.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Illnero's post:
quote:
Election, where Mr. McAllister throws away Tracy Flick's one ballot to make sure that she didn't win the school presidency. If only he had pocketed the ballot and thrown it away somewhere far away from the campus. He wouldn't have to face public humiliation like he did...
Actually, if the high school jock had voted himself for Class President instead of Tracy Flick (Reese Witherspoon), he would've won the election outright by a margin of one vote, and Mr. McAllister would not have resorted to ballot-box tampering!

This doesn't mean there still wouldn't be a movie, because I think Tracy Flick would've thrown a fit, and show what a sore loser she is, and probably would've done something to reverse the election results.

When you think about it, this movie (which came out in 1999) seems eerie and foreshadowing considering the controversial 2000 U.S. Presidential election and the contested results! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobcat_816
Rewinder
Member # 2768

- posted      Profile for bobcat_816         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Jerry just wouldn't have touched Buddy in 3 'O Clock High.

If Chris just wouldn't have went to pick her friend up at the station in Adventures in Babysitting.

If only Seth wouldn't have arm wrestled that guy, in The Fly.

Posts: 33 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Illnero
Master Rewinder
Member # 4286

- posted      Profile for Illnero   Email Illnero   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, Electionis partly based on a book by Budd Schulberg called "What Makes Sammy Run?" which takes place in the old Hollywood system instead of a Nebraska high school. Schulberg was one of the infamous namer of names during the whole McCarthy era and all.

But yeah, the best satire seems eerie and foreshadowing in hindsight.

Posts: 154 | From: between wash and spin | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home