iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Slumber Party Massacre/The Boogens

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Slumber Party Massacre/The Boogens
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These two movies are on IFC next Sat. Has anyone seen them? Are they any good?
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slumber Party massacre wasn't bad.. I will tell you after I saw that movie I didn't eat pizza for a few months...
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never see The Boogens.

But...I always loved Slumber Party Massacre...it actually grew on me after I watched it a few times. Definately watch it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what it is THE BOOGENS is suposed to be a good one. The monsters are a little cheesy nthough. I never saw it: thts just what I've heard.
I'll have to watch it when they play it on IFC.
SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE is pretty weak.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I taped THE BOOGENS and watched it the next day.
Sadly, THE BOOGENS started out very promising and just got dumber as it went on.
I liked the main charactors (well, maybe not their obnoxious dog!) but like I had heard the monsters themselves were pretty darn cheesy! The "Boogens" looked like something from the old LAND OF THE LOST TV show.
And there wasnt quite enough Boogens Attacks....and the attacks they DID have you couldnt really SEE the Boogens!
So I have to give this one a D- grade.
Anyone else watch it?
(P.S: was the girl with the short hair Eunice from SOAP (Jennifer Salt)?)

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing the awfulness that was Slumber Party Massacre, I couldn't bring myself to watch The Boogens. Now I'm glad I didn't.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I'm always struck by one dumb thought: If the SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE murderer's motive was that he killed pretty girls.....then why did he kill the pizza guy????

One day when your really bored and have nothing to do you should have a few drinks and watch THE BOOGENS. It was kinda funny. The Boogens had a sound they made (a screeching roar) and every time I went to the basement to do laundrey that day my husband would stand at the top of the stairs doing "The Boogens Call". Pretty funny.

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Close but no cigar: just checked imdb and Rebecca Balding was Carol on SOAP....not Eunice!
I knew she looked familiar!

pettyfan
Member # 2260

Maybe if The Boogens comes on next month I'll watch it.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He killed the pizza guy...so he could pretend to be the pizza guy, and so the girl's would let him in the house??? Wasn't that how it went down. I know it was to get in the house. The girl that played Valerie...I always thought was really pretty...Her name in real life was Robin Stille, she committed suicide in 1996...what a bummer.

I think the first time I watched Slumber Party Massacre...I didn't like it at all....I didn't like my date I was with either...and I think I was trying to get away from him and couldn't concentrate on the movie...but then I watched it about 5 years ago and I thought it was pretty creepy, and I ended up liking it alot.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

The main things I remember about Boogens were, as has been discussed, the cheesy monsters. In the movie "Scream" they have this one scene where they talk about "Rules for Horror Movies." One of the "rules" was "Do not have sex." In Boogens one of the couples in the movie is doing just that and they are the first "attackees" of the Boogens monsters.

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I dont remember the Boogens attacking people during or right after sex.
The first lady was getting ready to set up the cabin for the new owners....and she heard a noise in the basement, went down to look, and gor attacked by a Boogen.
I think the next attack was the pet dog....he didnt have sex with anyone.
A boyfriend got attacked.......but he was alone when it happened.
And then his girlfriend got attacked, but she was alone when it happened.(She was looking for the dog!)
The couple who hooked up during the course of the movie, anbd had sex, lived!
I think that was all the Boogens attacks the movie had.
So, no, unlike so many other movie monsters, "sex" was not the Boogens motive!

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the Slumber Party Massacre a few months ago and I liked it. The only thing I didn't like was the music. I thought it was really cheesey. I guess when you're used to hearing awesome score's like from Halloween or Friday the 13th, this just didn't cut it. It was well worth the six bucks I paid for it though.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanilou
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4288

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shanilou   Email Shanilou   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked Slumber party massacre too. It did have some cheesy music but other then that it was good.
Posts: 11 | Registered: Aug 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
He killed the pizza guy...so he could pretend to be the pizza guy, and so the girl's would let him in the house??? Wasn't that how it went down. I know it was to get in the house. The girl that played Valerie...I always thought was really pretty...Her name in real life was Robin Stille, she committed suicide in 1996...what a bummer.

I think the first time I watched Slumber Party Massacre...I didn't like it at all....I didn't like my date I was with either...and I think I was trying to get away from him and couldn't concentrate on the movie...but then I watched it about 5 years ago and I thought it was pretty creepy, and I ended up liking it alot.

No.. the Pizza guy was at the door anyway with a bloody pizza and the pizza guy fell right over into the living room.
Posts: 199 | From: Overland Park | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
The funny thing here is when he fell through the door....
they left him in the house!
...and even worried if they should eat the pizza or not!
(Okay, maybe not...but I could have sworn there was some debate about wether they should eat the pizza or not.
Right or wrong?

I'm a real nitpicker. The SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE villain only gets a few lines...and in them he more or less explains he kills the pretty girls cuz he cant have them...and then he kills the pizza guy!
This is where I go "AHA! THEY SCREWED UP!"...Unless he was attracted to the Pizza Guy!

imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
The funny thing here is when he fell through the door....
they left him in the house!
...and even worried if they should eat the pizza or not!
(Okay, maybe not...but I could have sworn there was some debate about wether they should eat the pizza or not.
Right or wrong?

I'm a real nitpicker. The SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE villain only gets a few lines...and in them he more or less explains he kills the pretty girls cuz he cant have them...and then he kills the pizza guy!
This is where I go "AHA! THEY SCREWED UP!"...Unless he was attracted to the Pizza Guy!

Yeah... he coulda been attracted to the Pizza guy... never thought of that. I had to go and rewatch that scene last night and there was no discussion about wether or not they should eat the Pizza.. the one girl just picked it up and took a bite.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home