iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » For the record

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: For the record
noblprz
Senior Rewinder
Member # 999

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for noblprz   Email noblprz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is posted in the FAQ regarding one of my favorite 80's movies, and was somewhat incorrect:

Q: The movie was about groups of people (about high school to college aged) placed in "teams" that compete against each other on a scavager hunt. They divide into 4 different teams. A red, blue, green and yellow team and their goal is to find clues for this game and to win.

Forgive me, but I don't remember exactly what they were hunting for - but I do remember some scenes in the movie.

I know one team was a team of girls, and one team was a little "nerdy", and one of the teams drove in a van. Also, I think one of the locations that these teams were looking for a clue was in a brewery. And I believe the scavenger hunt ends at a hotel or motel.

A: The name you were looking for was MIDNIGHT MADNESS, 1980 starring Michael J. Fox. The blue team (the "bad" team) drove a van, the red team drove scooters (lead by Eugene of "Grease" fame) the yellow team (the "good") was headed by a young Michael J. Fox, and the white team, i forgot what they drove but they teamed up with the red team... great movie!

FOR THE RECORD:
The geeks were the white team, and drove scooters, the sorority girls were the red team and drove a mini pickup, the "bad guys" did drive a pimped out custom van (led my stephen furst of Animal House fame), the green team (which was totally left out of the post) was called the "Meat Machine", they were football players and drove a green VW bug (M-E-A-T-MACHINE!), and finally, the yellow team was not led by MJF, it was led by David Naughton. MJF was his miscreant little brother who saves the day with his video game skill. MJF was really a minor character at best.

The sorority girls do end up with the white team on the scooters after the green team knocks their truck into a gulley.

Look for cameo by Paul "Pee Wee" Reubens as the coin attendant in the arcade.

WHEW! had to get that off my chest.

Posts: 98 | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely love this one!! It is a good movie to watch while you clean house.

Definately one that needs to be in any 80s collection.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home