iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Allnighter anyone??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Allnighter anyone??
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just bought the DVD. It's not the best movie but it's pretty okay. It is a very colorful 80's movie with that whole summer/beach thing happening. Susanna Hoffs was alright. I always liked The Bangles so it was cool to see her act. Joan Cusack was well, Joan Cusack. You gotta love her! I just couldn't believe how much Deedee Pfeiffer looks like Cameron Diaz in this movie. It's unbelievable. So did any of you like this movie?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a favorite chick flick of mine. I actually reviewed the movie for the Rewind, cindy. Visit the main page and you can find my review in the index. Susanna Hoffs was a pretty decent actress and a pretty actress as well. It's too bad she stuck to music after this movie.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I absolutely love this one. I love CJ and Molly and am so glad that they got together in the end.

I love friend flicks like this especially when they are set around summer time. Definately one to have in your collection, it oozes 80s stuff!!

Padded bra anyone??

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen this one in eons. I think it was considered a flop when it came out wasn't it? Some fun moments if I recall, wish some of it was better, but then again how many Susanna Hoffs movies are out there?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lastdaysofrain
Master Rewinder
Member # 2542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lastdaysofrain   Author's Homepage   Email Lastdaysofrain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Susanna Hoffs' mom directed this. The commentary track on DVD is great, it's basically the mom correcting and scolding Susanna for about 90 minutes.

I gotta say, I'll watch just about any 80s Beach movie, I have no idea why.

Posts: 125 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen this on DVD yet, maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but the director's commentary interests me. Had no idea Mrs. Hoffs directed her daughter in this.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this on VHS and watched it a few months ago. Not a very good flick, but it has Hoffs! I don't think it is available on dvd(official release that is).
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always had a big crush on Ms Hoffs...so I'm in....I'll try to locate it.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dm
Rewind Curious
Member # 6178

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a decent movie, I was getting ready to order it on ebay when I found it in the used bargin section at the mall for less than 10 bucks. Susanna was a looker back then.
Posts: 6 | From: wv | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philblankenship
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7563

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for philblankenship   Author's Homepage   Email philblankenship   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I don't think it is available on dvd(official release that is).
The dvd was released in the USA in 1999 by Anchor Bay but is unfortunately now out of print. http://tinyurl.com/c7s3cw
Posts: 30 | From: hollywood | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got a "copy" so I'll try to watch it soon....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it on DVD. It's OK. Nothing great but OK...

- jdocster

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Seen it last night....certainly 80's worthy...but not one of my favs. The blonde's fiance' was the worst actor in the world....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home