iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Fort Apache, The Bronx

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fort Apache, The Bronx
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know this was one of the first movies ever played on HBO when HBO first came out, and I don't remember much about it.

I was thinking about trying to get it to watch it, what does anyone think about it?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes I remember this film - Paul Newman, Ken Wahl, Danny Aiello. I recall a character; a hooker who goes around killing guys with a razor blade she carries in her mouth?!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always got this mixed up with assault on precinct 13 in my head, still haven't watched it yet. Ken Wahl has been MIA for a while hasn't he? Anyone know if Wiseguy will be out on DVD?
Posts: 4407 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"From the sight of a police officer this movie depicts the life in New York's infamous South Bronx. In the center is "Fort Apache", as the officers call their police station,
which really seems like an outpost in enemy's country. The story follows officer Murphy, who seems to be a tuff cynic, but in truth he's a moralist with a sense for justice." (IMDb)

Watched this pretty obscure Daniel Petrie crime drama but hey, there already is a rewind thread! We have everything [Smile]

It´s pretty grim stuff with some lighter moments here and there.
I really liked Paul Newman and Ken Wahl who played his partner. Nice chemistry and lots of good dialogue between these guys.

Hill Street Blues was launched also in 1981 and Fort Apache feels a lot like it. HSB writer and producer Steven Bochco has said that this film served as one of the inspirations for his ground breaking series.

Dirty early 80s Bronx scenery, cool cast (Rachel Ticotin co-stars and looks nice plus Pam Grier plays a drugged whore/serial killer), riots and whatnot.
If you like Hill Street Blues, you´ll like Fort Apache.

Posts: 6784 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Legend
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fort Apache, the Bronx is a pretty good police procedural. And you are right: cool cast, including Ed Asner. Rachel didn't get enough good roles back then, which is a real shame. She's good here.
Posts: 1916 | From: America's Caribbean | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Legend
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Found it on YouTube! I am going to watch it tonight. Already started the first five minutes, so I have it ready to go!
Posts: 1951 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not seen this in years but i'm sure I pretty much dug it,can't remember next to nothing from it though but was there a bit where Danny Aiello throws someone of a building or either that or he gets thrown off a building?

That's the only bit that's stuck in my head unless I'm thinking of another movie but I don't think so.

Posts: 3095 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home