iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Rambo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rambo
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard Stallone's gonna do a 4th Rambo. Anyone else heard this or any details about the movie?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
read something about it a while back, but nothing lately. IMO-----WHY WHY WHY?? The franchise was awesome when it was just the first 2, the third came out and it was almost hilarious. I mean, I can remember the big deal that the critics had about how many bullets were fired in the movie and how many were killed in it. Someday people will learn to leave well enough alone, I hope.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stallone had been discussing about a possible fourth Rambo movie, ever since the tragic events of 9-11.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the RAMBO trilogy; it's sacred! there is absolutely no need for a fourth film.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought "First Blood" was an outstanding movie, but like most sequels they kind of lost me with the unstoppable Rambo. Decent movies, but First Blood was just more fresh and original.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been a lot of rumours about this project, with each plotline sounding as ridiculous as the next, Stallone did say it was going to be about John Rambo leading a team of young recruits on a search & rescue mission in the jungle (and when their technology proves useless, Rambo’s legendary survival skills come into play); I can see it now; Stallone lecturing James Van Der Beek & Jennifer Love Hewitt on the basics of self-stitching a GSW. The other possible story harks back to ‘First Blood’ territory, and sees Stallone living in a Native American ghetto and being hassled by white supremacists; some reports suggest Robert Rodriguez may direct, but since NuImage own the rights, I doubt they’ll play straight with this.

For those that don’t know, NuImage used to be (maybe still is) one of the worst studios in the world, they’re infamous for churning out Z-grade potboilers and for shamelessly butchering Don Cammel’s ‘Wild Side’ (which had to be put back together scene by scene 10 years later by Cammel’s colleague and is now considered a cult classic).

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home