iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Look Who's Talking

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Look Who's Talking
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm going to be ordering the box set of all three Look Who's Talking films, and thought I'd see what y'all thought of them.

Kirstie Alley and John Travolta are two of my favorite actors, not to mention talking babies and animals are cute (Okay, well, talking babies and animals that they protray realistically and don't just stick them in lab coats and glasses to pretend they're all really just geniuses.).

I don't remember anything from the second one if I've seen it at all, but I remember liking the first and third one (the first one the most, though, because Homeward Bound made their animals a bit more charming). The first one reminded me just how good John Travolta is at his acting (not to mention he just looks so GOOD!).

I liked the dream sequence in the first one, where she's imagining the future and she has all these kids, and Travolta's character comes home with a beer belly wearing a tank top. It was just so corny that it was funny.

The most I remember from the third one was that Travolta's character is stuck in a cabin and Kirstie Alley has a lot of makeup running when she cries. Oh, and the dogs are sort of a Lady and the Tramp rip-off.

So I liked the movies. I'm getting to appreciate non-supernatural movies a bit more now, but I still will never watch all of Titanic (Poseidon Adventure is better anyway).

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to laugh at Bruce Willis and his 'friendly' voice in the first two. It's funny going from Die Hard and screaming for blood, to Look Who's Talking and "hay I'm Mikey!"

In Look Who's Talking Too, look for Elias Koteak as Stuart... Elisa Koteak of course was Duncan the Skinhead from Some Kind of Wonderful.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never saw Some Kind of Wonderful. [Wink]

But yeah, Bruce Willis is great at comedy. I remember on a featurette for Death Becomes Her, he was saying, "I discovered I could do action stuff and act at the same time."

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lupa, if you get a chance you should check out the first season of the tv show "Moonlighting". This was Bruce Willis in his early days and he was great.

-

[ 16. July 2005, 04:00: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They played LOOK WHOSE TALKING NOW (the one with the dogs) and my daughter was glued to the TV...and it started to rain, I have a satelite dish, so we missed the end. I had to go online and order the box set. I always loved the first one, liked the second one and sort of thought the third one was corny. But she loved the Talking Dogs so I had to get that one too.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I love the first one.

"And after that, we're gonna have a baba."

"A What???"

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Devo, loved the first one, watch it whenever it is on. I can sit through the other ones but it just isn't the same.

Love the Moonlighting stuff, I am still watching the first season of this classic. You are right, it is Bruce at his best!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home