iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » A doubt about The Night of the Comet

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A doubt about The Night of the Comet
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night I saw it again in a while. I remember always having the same doubt.

Didn't the woman doctor "killed" Catherine Mary Stewart's sister? What happened there?

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No she gave her something to make her go to sleep and then told that guy she was with that she had killed her because that is what they wanted.

She told Hector that she had explained everything in a letter but probablly had misspelled everything, she couldn't remember. That was some of the effects of the comet.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly, She had to pretend to kill Samantha to not make the other doctor suspicious. She knew they were all infected with no cure, so why kill innocent people that might survive without their intervention. I was tricked by that the first time I watched the movie as well.

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I always had the doubt.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never saw this movie. Is it worth checking out?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
YEAH, IT IS WORTH WATCHING.
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary Woronov and Kelli Maroney were also in CHOPPING MALL together.

By the way...when IS NIGHT OF THE COMET coming out on DVD?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MONSOON
Master Rewinder
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for MONSOON   Email MONSOON   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably never. Apparently the rights to the movie have been in question for some time. I gave up a long time ago and bought a "copy" sometime ago just so Id have it on DVD and not just VHS.
Posts: 264 | From: Bainbridge , GA | Registered: Jan 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ryantbo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8508

6 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for ryantbo   Author's Homepage   Email ryantbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a recent interview with Kelli and Catherine, they discussed that the ending originally was MUCH different. Sam actually was killed by the injection and Reggie and Hector discover a baby that survived - so life begins again. Glad they went the direction they did
Posts: 16 | From: Philadelphia | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 6  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cometzombie
Rewind Curious
Member # 9047

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cometzombie   Author's Homepage   Email cometzombie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI Night of the Comet is now available on both Region 1 and Region 2 DVD (unfortunately no extras on either version).

Also, there is a Night of the Comet fansite at
www.nightofthecomet.info

Posts: 3 | From: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK | Registered: Jul 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home