iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Bachelor Party

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bachelor Party
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the talk about Tom Hanks, I was thinking about the early movies like Splash and Bachelor Party and The Money Pit- that I really liked him in.

Bachelor Party use to play on HBO in the summer in the 80's late at night, and it was one of the very first Rated R movies I ever saw. I thought Tawney Kitaen was so pretty in that movie. Tom Hanks was hysterical. I love when he was listening to the Dad talk to him and he was telling him all the things wrong with him...and he was just sitting there nodding his head.

Wendy Jo Sperber was in it, and she co starred with Tom in Bosom Buddies.

It is a movie I haven't watched in awhile, maybe I'll watch here soon.

What does anyone else think of it??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bachelor Party is just a good time fun movie to put on on when you don't want to take life so seriously. I put this movie on followed by Night Shift one night and had a blast. Nice to remember Tom Hanks when he did comedy.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it last night. It is so funny...cause I could remember it almost word for word. I loved the clothes in that movies, especially Tawny's...I love those scrunchy boots...nobody ever wears cute stuff any more...

I love when Tom Hanks is cooking "dinner"...and he says "I hope you like potato salad, it's chunky...my favorite. And it was just potatoes in a bowl.

I always thought Adrain Zmed was cute! Whatever happened to him?? I liked him singing at the party...with no shirt on. Wooooo! I liked the band....with the 50's hairdos...singing " Why do Good Girls, like Bad Boys....:

It is hard to believe that movie is 21 years old!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IMO, Adrian Zmed stole the film! "Gentlemen, start your.. b***ers.."

I love Bachelor Party... it's the highlight of Tom Hanks' comedy era (with The Burbs a close second.)

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!!!!!! This is crazy. I watched the DVD last night too. What a coincidence. Tawny was really hot in that movie. I always LMAO when watching it. Cool movie. I felt bad for the guy who hooked up with the transvestite.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Bachelor Party is a classic! My favorite parts are when Tom Hanks is playing tennis with Tawny's stuffy parents and he pretends to be a baseball player hitting a home run. As a bus driver he also mocks the way airline pilots talk it up with the passengers. There was the guy who tried to commit suicide by slitting his wrists--with an electric razor! Wendy Jo Spurber was in this (as a hilarious doctor who tries to hold Tom's face in her hands just after she has done a rectal exam on an elderly gentleman) along with Bosom Buddies. But of course she was also in BTTF parts one and three. She would make a good "where are they now" story. "Bachelor Party" and "Money Pit" are my favorites from Tom Hank's comedy era.

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OMG!! I loved when Brad was trying to slit his wrist with the electric razor too, and when Tom Hanks drained the water out of the tub when he was trying to kill himself, and he cracked his head off the bottom.

I love when they took the Porsche and "Pimped" it.

It is so funny from beginning to end...I love Tawny's wedding dress at the end.

I looked "Nick" up on IMDB this morning...he was the chippendale dancer...with the "foot long"..haha...it said he had an uncredited role in Meatballs as a Camp Mohawk basketball player...and he was in Teen Witch too- which I have never seen yet.

I liked the chippendale dancer who was dressed up like Tarzan....I love the music that is playing that they are dancing to in that scene.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top 3 Tawny Kitaen Moments

*Bachelor Party
*Witchboard
*Frolicking around on the hoods of two cars in a Whitesnake video

Honourable mention to kicking the **** out of her former major league pitcher husband.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tenohtwo
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1926

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for tenohtwo   Author's Homepage   Email tenohtwo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, a Bachelor Party thread that I didn't start! Excellent.

I watched BP on Wednesday night, which was the 21st anniversary of the theatrical release date (6-29-84). That movie just doesn't get old for me. Never a dull moment. I actually got to meet Barry Diamond (Rudy) in February at a comedy club in Scottsdale. Funny guy, I got a picture with him and put it up on the BP website. If he comes to your town, go check him out!

About two weeks ago, a guy who claims to be the ex-bass player from RATT posted on my Guestbook. He said that he was Tawny Kitaen's roommate back in 80/81, and she was dating Robin Crosby of RATT at the time. How weird is that?

I may have posted this before here, but last year I talked to Bob Israel (the producer), and he said he was actually in serious talks about a sequel to Bachelor Party (don't know if it would be a true sequel, or an updated remake). He said he'd keep me posted, but it's been a while. I may have to contact him and see what the latest is. If they remake BP, I say cast Colin Hanks in the lead. What the heck, keep it in the family!

Cheers,

www.bachelorpartymovie.com

Posts: 27 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do good girls like bad boys.........Why do good girls like bad boys.....

I loved the hair of the band that played at the party!!

Just an all around movie that makes you laugh. I kind of wish that Tom did some more movies like this. He is one of those actors that has successfully had an awesome career in both comedic and dramatic roles. The comedic ones way early in his career. I wish that he would do some more comedy. He almost doesn't even look like the same guy he was 20 years ago. I mean of course he has aged, but he just filled out so much.

Anyway... Bachelor Party is hilarious, thanks for talking about it ISIS.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The donkey that overdosed on all the cocaine sticks out in my mind. LOL.... This was a great movie...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Bachelor Party is Hilarious. It is one of those movies you just sit and have fun. I was a Tom Hanks fan. I everything of him in the 80's.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It all comes down to one sentence.

"This being Milt."

If you don't know what that comes from, it makes me sad.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm watching this one, Night Shift and Doctor Detroit tonight, I think the movies kind of mesh well. Got some buddies coming over, going to have some brews and see if we can get through them. Anyone know where I can rent a mule or donkey? [Wink]
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love this one as well....one of my first R rated as well...me and my buddy would always rewind / pause the nude scenes....I've almost grown out of that habit [Wink] Funny Rip...I just bought Doctor Detroit last week for $5...at a Needs conveinience store at that! I think I've seen it as a kid, but don't remember it.....some great comedies in the 80's......
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bachelor Party is a gem! I used to watch this at my friends house almost every weekend as a kid.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bachelor Party & Night Shift are two of my favourite 80s comedies.

"Doctor Detroit" on the other hand is one of the worst.

[ 13. March 2009, 16:47: Message edited by: J2ME ]

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Hey gang, the party's going well, these are such guy movies it's great.

Kevdug, couldn't help but visualise Needs stores. God I wish we had them here, they are called Depanneurs here, but not as good. Needs rocks!

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I figured you'd catch that rip.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home