iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Guess Who Part VII

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess Who Part VII
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heres one for the weekend, no cheating!! I'll have more clues to add to it if no-one can guess it by Tuesday....and yes he may seem old but i assure you he did plenty in the 80s!!

Good luck!!!

Birth name
******* Dennis Buchinsky

Nickname
Il Brutto (Italy)

Le Sacre Monstre (France)

Height
5' 10" (1.78 m)

Mini biography
One film critic described his rugged looks as "a Clark Gable who had been left out in the sun too long"

Was born Buchinski, one of 14 children of struggling Lithuanian immigrant parents in Pennsylvania (his father was a coal miner).

He completed high school and joined his father in the mines (an experience that resulted in a lifetime fear of being in enclosed spaces) and then served in WW II.

Was drafted into the army 1943 and placed in the Army Air Corps. At first given duties as a truck driver, he was later trained as a tail-gunner and assigned to a B-29 bomber. He flew on 25 missions and received, among other decorations, a Purple Heart for wounds incurred in battle

After his return from the war, used the GI Bill Of Rights to study art (a passion he had for the rest of his life), then enrolled at the Pasadena Playhouse in California.

Shared a room with Jack Klugman in a New York boarding house in the 1940s.

Perhaps the biggest late bloomer in Hollywood history, he did not get the marquee treatment he deserved until his late 40s. The name his is said to be taken from the " Gate" at Paramount Studios, at the north end of Avenue. Changed his stage name in the early 1950s in the midst of the McCarthy "Red Scare" at the suggestion of his agent, who was fearful that his last name (Buchinsky) would damage his career.

Was a true icon of international cinema; critics usually had few good things to say about his films, but he remained a fan favorite in both the US and abroad for 50 years, a claim that few other film stars can make.

Actor **** Van Dyke received a lemon cake every Christmas from him, who lived nearby in Malibu for 16 years

Director John Huston once summed him up as "a grenade with the pin pulled"

Was the first actor considered for the role of Snake Plissken in Escape from New York (1981)

To be Continued-->>>>>>>>>>>>

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is the late Charles Bronson.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I am going to guess George Hamilton!!! I am anxious on this one I am going to check it out to see if I am even close? Charles Bronson is a good guess too!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steven you are right!! It is Charles Bronson.

London I guess this one wasn't so hard, so who is next?????

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home