iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Good Movie for a Hot Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Good Movie for a Hot Day
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just thinking about when it gets so hot outside and you just want to stay in where it is cool and watch a good flick. Which type of movie do you choose for days like that?

I always like to watch Summer flicks such as Shag, The Allnighter, The Witches of Eastwick, Making Mr. Right, Sixteen Candles. I like sunny movies for sunny days. The same thing applies for winter time. I like to watch cold stuff when it is cold outside. I guess when a certain season hits some movies are just more appealing to me.

I want to add Ghostbusters to my summer flicks list.

Does anyone else share in this odd behavior?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I like camp movies in the summer...I just watched part 2 and part 3 of Friday the 13th.

I like watching movies like Little Darlings and Meatballs, and Hot Moves and Hardbodies.

It is raining here right now, which to me is good movie watching weather too. Cause when it is nice I like to be outside as much as possible.

Tonight we are going to watch National Treasure..I am not sure if I'll like it, it is hard for me to see Nicholas Cage in a new movie and think "Randy" any more.

Valley Girl and The Last American Virgin are also good summer movies.

My son only has 6 days of school left now, and he'll be officially on summer vacation. One summer we went to Blockbuster every day and got an older kids movie to watch every day...we watched stuff like Benji, Born Free, Where the Lilies Bloom, and old Disney stuff, I need to find some new stuff for us to watch this summer.

I still have a pile of stuff we haven't finished yet, like the Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew, and some After School Specials.

I have the movie No Deposit/No Return to watch yet too.

I think I am going to end up getting my son some more tv shows on dvd for his b-day, which is in a couple weeks.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of Jessie the Sunflower Goddess' post:
quote:
...I like sunny movies for sunny days. The same thing applies for winter time. I like to watch cold stuff when it is cold outside...
Not me. I'm the total opposite.

If it's too hot, I want to cool down! Therefore, I see a "winter" movie during the summer. And during the winter months, I see a movie that takes place in sunny or hot outdoor conditions.

Examples: "Runaway Train", which takes place amidst snow, is something I would see during summer. And vice versa. [Cool]

That rule applies for movies that I rent and see in my own home. It doesn't apply for movies that I see in a theater, even though I rarely go to theaters any more. [Frown]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS I think that you will be surprised by National Treasure I actually really liked it. It had an Indiana Jones type of feel to it, minus the snakes!!! haha Let us know if you did like it.

That is interesting to Steven, sometimes I get like that. Like I like to watch Die Hard in the summer time, when it takes place around Christmastime even though it takes place in California with no snow!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettyinpink
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3998

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for prettyinpink   Email prettyinpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the movie I would watch in the summer on a hot day would definately have to be "weekend at bernies"!!! That movie rocks [Big Grin]
Posts: 29 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yes that one would make you feel like you were right there sweatin' along with old Bernie.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home