iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie re-makes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie re-makes
Jeep man
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2656

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Jeep man   Email Jeep man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen any that are really good?
Posts: 28 | From: Seattle, WA. U.S.A. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Baz Lehmann's Romeo & Juliet was a great deal better than the campy, black and white, silent original.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The recent Texas Chainsaw Massacre was far superior to the original.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Ring" was superb - scared the bejeezus outta me! [Eek!] The original was also excellent.
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

Good topic! Yes, the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacre was very good and an excellent "slasher" type film. They did well to heighten the tension instead of turn it into a gorefest.

"Father of the Bride" was a remake of an early 1950's movie with Spencer Tracy and Elizabeth Taylor which worked really well with Steve Martin and Diane Keaton.

Godzilla was actually better than I thought it would be since they managed to make use of Matthew Broderick's absent minded professor act.

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree about Godzilla. I actually liked it.

Hm, good remakes . . . Lord of the Rings? Might not count because it's the books rather than the old cartoon. Lemme think . . .

Really, I do know there are some; I'm just really blank-minded right now.

Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dawn of the Dead remake was good, the subtle (ha!) use of CGI on bodies getting dismembered worked well.

Has anyone seen the Dune mini-series? I like the original film, got the DVD recently.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home