iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Friday the 13th Marathon (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Friday the 13th Marathon
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are having a Friday the 13th movie marathon on AMC this Friday- which happens to be the 13th!! Very cool!

I might have to watch at least part 1 & 2.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i was thinking of watching them again on dvd this friday i always liked part 6 and 8 the best
Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just picked up a very cool new FRIDAY THE 13th comic - published by AVATAR PRESS and (get this) NEW LINE CINEMA's HOUSE OF HORRORS! neat stuff!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow I didn't even realize that tomorrow was Friday the 13th!!! Looks like it will be a good night to watch some scarrrryyyy stuff!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday The 13th: Part 2 is my favorite way above the others. Amy Steel plays a very believable part. I watched the original Friday The 13th with Kevin Bacon a few months ago and it was decent, but I actually saw Part 2 first in the 80's, so maybe that is way I like it better.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, brace yourselves...I've never seen any Friday 13th movies. I never really got into slasher films. Although, I did see Nightmare on Elm Streets and Halloween. I was never allowed to watch them and they would have stopped me sleeping for a few weeks if I had. Maybe it's time to rent them now.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and remember, Jason fans...

All the movies will be edited. AMC edits their flicks all the time (well, DVD_TV isn't edited, but 99 percent of the titles are).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Out of respect for Jason, I will be watching 6 and 7 later tonight. I always enjoy a good comeback.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a Friday the 13th marathon.
Yeah i can just picture Jason and a few of his decapitated victims running over the Brooklyn bridge,through Queens etc.Into manhatten!
Trying to beat last years best runners time.Yeah!!

Anyone else picture that? Please?
No....
just me then!!!!
Damn i need help [Razz]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Friday The 13th the first one is own AMC right now. Then they skip to part 5, 6, & 7...so they skip my favorites 2 & 4 with Corey Feldman who might be scarier than Jason in part 4. Well, back to the movie.

Rock, I seldom watch any movies on regular TV because of the editing. I completely understand why they edit movies, but it kinda ruins it when you see someone lips move and they say "darn" about as convincing as an old Chinese Kung Fu movie.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love friday the 13th flicks [Smile] they are so much fun to watch. i m watching them right now i know i ma goober lol [Smile] yes smayt i can picture it [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOH...ya know what...thanks Valley for telling us they skipped my favorites...I think I'll go watch the unedited version of Part 1. Perfect for me, since I have been having horrific nightmares lately. Jason doesn't scare me as bad as my own dreams do.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I ended up watching most of Part 2 last night.

It is my favorite too. I really like the cast, so I looked them up on IMDB...and it said besides the guy that played Crazy Ralph..the guy that played Mark in part 2 (which I am pretty sure he was the one in the wheel chair)- he was the first counselor to die in real life from any of the Friday the 13th movies. He died of AIDS.

I like Amy Steel's character the best, I like her as an actress. She played on The Powers of Matthew Star in 1982...and it said the guy that played Matthew Star- Peter Barton beat out Tom Cruise for that role in that TV series in 1982.

Peter Barton then had a role in Friday the 13th part 4...I always think it is cool to see connections to people. It said that he was going to quit acting when Linda Blair talked him in to doing the movie Hell Night.

I thought Jason was the scariest in Part 2 with the potato sack over his head, instead of the hockey mask. Then when they showed his actual face- that scared me to death.

Mrs. Voorhees looks just like the waitress we had the other night.

Isn't it strange when you see someone out somewhere and they remind you of someone, but you can't think of who, then you see that person in a movie, and realize that's who it was.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OOOH...check this out:

http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/home.html

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow...I didn't know Zack Ward was in one of the Friday the 13th movies. Now...they have current pictures of him on this site...and I swear he looks like Mr. Smayt Gateford. I said it before and Smayt didn't know who he was, so Smayt- if you read this go look at the picture and tell me if I am close??

I didn't know Erin Grey was in a Friday the 13th movie either.

I thought the guy that played Paul- John Furey, was really good looking in the movie...he did not age well.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow, Judie Aronson, who played "Hilly" in Weird Science, was also in Friday the 13th Part 4, and she also was in The Powers of Matthew Star.
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lawrence Monoson who played Gary in The Last American Virgin was also in Friday 13th The Final Chapter.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0598413/

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'd throw in some of these actors that were in some of our favorite 80's movies:

Catherine Parks (Weekend At Bernie's)
Terry Kiser (Weekend At Bernie's)
Darcy Demoss (Can't Buy Me Love)
Bruce Mahler (Police Academy)
Kimberly Beck (Not 80's, but she was good in Massacre at Central High)
Crispin Glover (Back To The Future)
Dominick Brascia (Fire With Fire)

Add in Corey Feldman and the others mentioned above and you can connect to several movies we all love.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Who was Dominick Brascia in Fire with Fire...I looked him up, to see what he looked like, and I have no clue who he was?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The coolest thing on the site is seeing the set locations, of what they looked like when they filmed it- to now, currently.

You don't realize how things change constantly with landscaping.

The club they go to in Part 2, burned down right after the movie was filmed there, and there is nothing there now, so that is a bummer.

What I think was so cool about the older movies that made them real, and more scary ..is they found actual camps, to film the movie at...the first one was filmed in New Jersey and the second in Connecticut. Then they start filming them mainly in studios, and then they become all computer generated, and aren't scary 1 bit.

The one place is still a real camp...I think I would have been scared to death to ever go stay there, can you imagine that??

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh my gosh...I remember how Dominick Brascia is in Fire with Fire, they are all watching Part 4 at the movies in Fire with Fire...so he is in a movie within a movie.
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ValleyCat:
I'd throw in some of these actors that were in some of our favorite 80's movies:

Kimberly Beck (Not 80's, but she was good in Massacre at Central High)

Shouldn't you have said "favorite retro movies" instead?

Anyway, I'm more of a "Nightmare On Elm Street" person myself, but if one of these movies are on then I'll watch them.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It is so cool, this site, for any Friday the 13th fans, it shows what the kid that played "Jason" as a boy in the 1st 2, looked liked then behind the scenes, and what he looks like now. And Warrington Gillette who played Jason in part 2, you get to see an up close picture of him, cause it is so hard to see him in the movie, everything happens so fast, but my gosh are the effects in make up on him cool...scary, but cool.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow!! This past Friday the 13th they did a huge 25th anniversary reunion, I just found it on that website. There is a link to check it out. That was very cool.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I watched part 3 last night. I like the girl that played "Chris" in this one- Dana Kimmell.

It was really cool how they did the 3D stuff. I wish they did more scary 3D movies.
(Sharkboy and LavaGirl-that looks scary)

Anyway...the guy that played Jason in part 3 was actually really good looking, it was cool to see a photo of him on that website.

This one you really get a good look at Jason's face...I have to say...he would have been a good canidate for plastic surgery...he did not age very well. The Lake was rough on his skin.

I like the end where the gross corpse of Mrs. Voorhees jumps up and grabs Chris at the end and pulls her in the water.

I liked on that website where you saw the cast all together in a group picture at one of those Fangoria events. The person that aged the best was the guy that played "Shelly"...he actually got way better looking as he got older, and the ones that were good looking when they did the movie...he looked better than they did now.

That's the way it goes too.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home