iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » English Horror Movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: English Horror Movies
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know anything about horror films that have been made and come out of England? I am a big fan of House of the Long Shadows which was directed by Pete Walker. I looked up his profile and saw that he did quite a bit of English horror films,none which I had ever heard of like Frightmate (1974) and Die Screaming, Marianne (1972).

It said in his profile that he retired from filmmaking after completing House of the Long Shadows. I see that several of his films are available on DVD but House of isn't one of them. It is so disappointing because it kind of reminds me of Clue, which I like to watch all of the time.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lastdaysofrain
Master Rewinder
Member # 2542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lastdaysofrain   Author's Homepage   Email Lastdaysofrain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Pete Walker's stuff, get that Pete Walker box set that Anchor Bay UK put out, really good.
Posts: 125 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is in the boxset?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bigworld
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3107

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bigworld   Email bigworld   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out http://www.britishhorrorfilms.co.uk

Everything you will ever need to know plus more.

oh and a good forum too! I'm on it as Bigworld as well.

Posts: 58 | From: Scotland | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lastdaysofrain
Master Rewinder
Member # 2542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lastdaysofrain   Author's Homepage   Email Lastdaysofrain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007LYDQE/qid=1115669206/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_0/026-4785618-4484402

Here is a link to the box set the movies included are:
'Die Screaming Marianne', 'House Of Whipcord', 'Frightmare', 'House Of Mortal Sin' and 'The Comeback'

Posts: 125 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home