iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What did you watch this weekend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did you watch this weekend?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Vice Versa, Leathal Weapon 2, Gremlins, and a Boxing match on TV.

What about you guys, see anything good this weekend, old or new?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched license to drive :)and now i m watching the boy who could fly gotta love the 80s
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night we watched Any Which Way You Can, the sequel to Any Which Way but Loose. I use to love that movie, and I hadn't seen it in forever, and my son never saw it. It was hysterical. I think it was definately better than the first one. I laughed so hard. I love the part where they go to the zoo and Phillo (Clint) he gives Clyde the banana that is suppose to knock out the girl oranguatan at the zoo, and he says if this doesn't work, pop her in the butt with the shot, and Clyde sticks himself with it, and passes out. But, then they go to the Pink Cloud Motel for a little "monkey buisness", and it is so funny, Clyde's in the shower with the shower cap on, eating the scrub brush, and then he comes out and rolls in to bed with his "girl". Then he starts jumping around on the furniture.... it was hysterical. Anne Ramsey is in this movie, her and her husband are in the motel room next to Clyde. And the blonde girl from The Last American Virgin is this movie too. Boy, Clint Eastwood could totally kick butt in this movie. I love when they say to Clyde..."Scrap the Caddy", and he rips the guys car apart.

Me and my brother use to watch this movie on HBO all the time in the 80's, my brother loved the motorcycle gang-The Black Widows-they were so funny.

I also watched Urban Cowboy the other night- and it had some special features on it that I never saw before, and some rehearsal shots. The one thing I always wondered about, was how long did Bud and Sissy know each other before they got married?? And then it seemed like they had been together for awhile, but then Scott Glenn asks her how long have you been married? and she says..not long, a week maybe. I also wondered where Sissy thought they were living after they got married, cause Bud takes her to their "home", and she was so freaked out, and I wondered if he hadn't gone and done that and surprised her, where did she think they were going to live? I don't know, maybe it is just me but that is something I would have worked out before the wedding.
I love Madolyn Smith in this movie, she had the best clothes and the best hair in any movie. I love the song : Look what You've done to me"- that is my favorite song from the movie.

I watched Breakin 2-Electric Boogaloo last night.

I am in the mood to watch a scary movie, but haven't decided which one yet.

[ 01. May 2005, 16:13: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I just found something out, Barry Corbin was in both movies I watched over the weekend(Any Which Way You Can and Urban Cowboy), and they both came out in 1980, and he was only 40 years old then, he seemed so much older. I actually thought he might have died by now, but he's only 65 years old. He's been in a billion movies.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I also totally forgot this...but did anyone else know that Debra Winger was the voice of E.T.?? Is that not crazy??
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this past week went to 8 hockey games

watched

tons of VH1 Classic
8 episodes of Survivor: The Australian Outback
Elephant
special features of Pulp Fiction
going to start watching Trainspotting
possibly watch Heathers

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got done watching The Last American Virgin. Man, talk about nice guys finishing last. I saw parts of the movie when I was a kid. Tonight was the first time I watched it all the way through from beginning to end. It's a cool movie with a cool sound track.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Warriors
No Escape
some Night Court S1
War Bus http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090292/
The Further Adventures of Tennessee Buck
...I still haven't got License to Drive [Frown]

Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sure thing
the phiadelphia experiment
friday 13th part 6
boys next door

liked them all

Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flashback80's
Rewinder
Member # 3735

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for flashback80's   Author's Homepage   Email flashback80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The sure thing
the phiadelphia experiment
friday 13th part 6
boys next door

liked them all

Posts: 47 | From: sydney | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to a Texas Ranger's Baseball game and then wasted seven bucks and fifty cents to see the Hitchiker's Guide to The Galaxy.
Even though I thought it was crap, I saw it in DLP, so it was very clear crap. In fact, the DLP made it very Craptacular.
I guess if you have to see crap then that's the way to go.

Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettyinpink
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3998

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for prettyinpink   Email prettyinpink   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched some of my Miami Vice season 1 box set. I forgot how cool it was!!!!
Posts: 29 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home