iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--The Return of the Living Dead

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--The Return of the Living Dead
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay it must be Friday night for sure. I love to watch this movie on Friday nights. It is really cool outside right now and almost feels like Halloween time.

Yeah it is crazy and completely ridiculous but you gotta love zombies walking around saying "Brains, I want your brains"--I need your brains to stop the pain!!!

The followups can't live up to this magnitude of comedic horror. I do have to say some bad acting, but I still try and catch this one whenever it is on.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Classic line (paraphrasing): "If you love me you'll let me eat your brains!"

Part 2 was good as well. "get the damn screwdriver out of my head!" (plus, you know, Dana Ashbrook was in it.)

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's one of those classics you just cant pinpoint why it's appealing: but,man, is it feel good theatre! Maybe because it DOES have a sense of humor and still manages to be gross.
The first time I saw it I actually didnt like it cuz it had such a "cheap feel"...but I gave it another shot and now I love it.
Who will ever forget the image of Linnea Quigley walking naked through a cemetery?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,i just got a bargain special edition(REGION 1)copy of the dvd,all the way from Montreux,Canada!I did'nt won't the boring vanilla edition we have over here.I got it cheaper with all the special features and getting it shipped over.

The 2nd of the series was just a re-make that did'nt need to happen.3rd ones nowhere near as good as the original but it's not a bad film and directed by the great Brian Yuzna.

"Are you crazy?Are you on PCP?"

Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember catching this movie late one night in the late 80s. I laughed the whole way through it. It was a great Comedy/Horror and a tremendous amount was caused by James Karen. He returned for part two as well.

The reason I remember the movie so well was because it was suppose to be taking place in Louisville Kentucky which is down the street from my hometown of Lexington. It wasn't filmed there, but they made several references to the city in the film which was way cool.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gregw
Rewind Curious
Member # 4123

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for gregw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thwy are finished filming part 4 and 5 in europe right now. they will be released soon
Posts: 2 | From: Edmonton,Alberta,Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's funny that you say it's a cool Friday night movie because I thought the same thing. It cracks me up when the zombies get on the CB and say "send more cops".
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also "Send more paramedics"which is the name of a cool metal band too who got the name from the film quote.
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD PART 4: NECROPOLIS and PART 5: RAVE FROM THE GRAVE were made back to back last year, directed by Ellory Elkayem (EIGHT LEGGED FREAKS) might be worth checking out...
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I totally forgot about "Get the Damn Screwdriver out of my head". I am going to be saying that all day now.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home