iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Sci Fi Kids Movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sci Fi Kids Movie
Adriana
Rewind Curious
Member # 4090

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adriana   Email Adriana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All,
I am glad there are other fans of 80's movies out there! Please help me find the name of a movie. It is a movie about a few kids (maybe 3 or 4) who want to go into space. One kid is ingenious enough to build a spaceship. They somehow go into space and meet aliens. At first they are afraid, but the aliens turn out to be harmless as they have learned all about humans thru classic television! Ha! Corny I know, but I used to LOVE this movie as a kid.
Any ideas? I would REALLY appreciate it. Thanks!

Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Explorers (1985), one of my favourite films, must've watched it a few dozen times now.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Adriana
Rewind Curious
Member # 4090

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Adriana   Email Adriana   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh WOW! Thank you! You just made my day. Thanks so much. I can't wait to go buy it now. I had had an inkling that a kid or two in the film was well known but I couldn't remember for the life of me...River Phoenix..Ethan Hawke...how could I forget?!! [Smile]
Much appreciated.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great News! It was just recently released on DVD.

Personally, I liked the movie up until they met the aliens.

AMAZON has some cool trivia
about the movie here

-

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought the dvd recently. I love the movie. It would have been cooler if the aliens looked less cartoony. That was my only complaint. The movie had a Goonies feel to it until the aliens showed up. Aliens would have been cool if they didn't look like something from a rated G flick. I still love the movie though.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home