iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Waxwork anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waxwork anyone?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried watching this tonight cause Isis was cool enough to let me borrow the DVD. I thought it had real potential when it started. I liked the cast. I was shocked to see Deborah Foreman and Michelle Johnson standing next to each other...weird!! Michelle Johnson was decent in Blame it on Rio but overall, she is not a very good actress. I think it's her voice. Anyways, I only watched about half and then I got distracted...should I continue or call it a wrap? Did any of you like it?
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought it was cool. ...of course people have said that I have the worst taste in the world.
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only reason i watched it was beacuse it had Deborah Foreman in it. I said she was so good at playing Julie in Valley Girl i wonder if she will be just as good in Waxwork. In all it was kind of a boreing movie [Frown] But it was worth it just to see Deborah Foreman's Million Dollar Smile [Smile]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this movie (and its sequel.) I like how director Tony Hickox casted interesting character actors for the secondary roles of the monsters/evil people. (J. Kenneth Campbell as the Marquis, for example.) And any movie that has Dana Ashbrook in it is great to me. :-)
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel it was a great premise (HOUSE OF WAX anyone?) but they just didnt do enough with it. The "storys" when you got sucked into the wax museum scenes were sort of lacking....and nothing was really scary enough to work.
And when a movie starts and it has Deborah Foreman and Michelle Johnson (I'm a woman and I still look at these too and go "OWWWWWW!") you really want better for them, such attractive girls.
I almost wanna buy the rights to it and pick it apart and re-make it...because it could have been a great movie.
Anyone ever go to a wax museum? I have...and they are dang creepy!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the beginning. The scene with the Werewolf -(that was one of the creepiest werewolves I have ever seen in a movie) and the one with Michelle Johnson and The Vampires-where the guy is laying on the table missing his leg, those were scary to me.

Deborah Foreman's scene where she is whipped is rather bizarre, and I didn't really like it.

The end gets weird, I don't really like how it ended....and I have seen it several times, but I can't even remember exactly who the guy turned out to be that owned the Wax museum.

To me it is cool just for the beginning scenes, and I love the cast.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I happened to like Waxwork, I thought it was pretty good but I saw it at a young age. Time may not have treated it well.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See the beginning is very boring to me. It doesn't feel like it's going anywhere until the Mummy scene.

Did you guys catch (director) Tony Hickox's cameo as the Prince in the Marquis de Sade scene. He makes lots of cameos in his films. (He was a knight in the sequel... etc.)

Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy, I think this is a movie you have to be in the right frame of mind to enjoy. It's not necessarily scary, but you have to be in a playful spooky type mood.

I watched this movie because of Deborah Foreman and like Isis stated it was a very interesting performance indeed. [Eek!] I thought the Waxworks scenes were very well done and rather creepy. I will give this warning, stay away from Waxworks II.

So Julie what I'm trying to say is, I don't what I'm trying to say. But watch the rest..it's a decent movie. [Smile]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home