iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Greatest 80's scores(NOT SOUNDTRACKS)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Greatest 80's scores(NOT SOUNDTRACKS)
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of Tangerine dream.Risky Business,Near Dark.Giorgio Moroder was cool too with Scarface.

Any fave scores out there?

Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh wow... Ummm... JERRY GOLDSMITH's (R.I.P.) RAMBO Trilogy scores are amazing, I have to listen to them at least twice a month. JOHN WILLIAM's INDIANA JONES scores of course. oh I dunno! here's a list (as I look across to my HUGE CD collection)

THE HITCHER - Mark Isham

ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK - John Carpenter

RE-ANIMATOR - Richard Band

THE DARK CRYSTAL - Trevor Jones

PREDATOR - Alan Silvestri

THE TERMINATOR - Brad Fiedel

... to name but a few. [Cool]

Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course i'm going with.... Tony's Theme from SCARFACE

And that Piano tune that is playing at the end of... GOODFEALLS. Layla (Piano Exit) by Derek And The Dominos

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately the Terminator and also Indiana Jones and Rocky, even though it started int he 70s.

I also love the music in Clue, The Goonies, and Making Mr. Right.

There are just so many to name here!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alan Silvestri's overture to Back to the Future is definitely epitomal, as well as Danny Elfman's Batman theme.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
some of my favs...
Pee Wee's Big Adventure - Danny Elfman
King Solomon's Mines - Jerry Goldsmith
Commando - Alan Silvestri
Fright Night - Brad Fiedel
Big Trouble in Little China - John Carpenter

Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hellraiser score was nice an eeerie.Friday the 13th part 3 was great for it's cheesieness.
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah! FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III in 3-D! HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! that was the 'disco' score!! me and my best friend John used to listen to that and dance along!! TOO FUNNY!! BRILLIANT! Nice one Gav!
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought the score from Cousins was nice. That waltz is beautiful.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
Yeah,Fri 13th 3 was a cool film too.Some very nasty bits in it such as,when Jason shoots a dude through the eye with a harpoon and (this was made before Re-animator,there is a similar part)where our man Jason crushes a poor guys head and his eyes pop out.Man,that Mr Voorhees has some super strength!I bet he can kick Supermans butt,anytime,any place.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home