iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » STALLONE vs. SCHWARZENEGGER

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STALLONE vs. SCHWARZENEGGER
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
based on just the movies they made in the 80's - I mean they were both HUGE box-office rivals in terms of action movies - who did you prefer? Arnold or Sylvester?
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arnold. I like both, but Arnold had a certain charisma that I liked.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is very tough because even though they wer big action stars they were very different. Stallone did more on hands fighting type films, where it seems Schwarzennegger did more stuff with guns and explosions and stuff. People were always running from him, where Stallone people were always running after him.

I think that they each impeccable in their own right. So I couldn't in good conscience choose 80s Stallone over 80s Schwarzenneger!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watch TWINS and see Arnold laugh at the RAMBO poster.

'Nuff said...

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were playing "Date , Marry, Dump" a few months ago and the choices were Arnie, Sly and one other guy....I picked Arnie to marry so I guess I prefer him.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gav
Master Rewinder
Member # 4075

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Gav   Email Gav   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raw Deal was classic and so was Cobra.I dunno it's a hard one.The best thing about Commando was Rae Dawn Chong.She was a gorgeous work of art!I dunno they're both great,i can't help but admire both of them for they're work in the 80's.
Posts: 105 | From: Mitcham,Surrey,England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr Roboto
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 1424

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Mr Roboto   Email Mr Roboto   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd put the Running Man up against Rambo any day of the week...

Ah-nold

Posts: 20 | Registered: Apr 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spooka Lupa
Little Rewind Monster
Member # 2700

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Spooka Lupa   Author's Homepage   Email Spooka Lupa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta go with Arnold on this one, although they're both awesome. I mean, killer robots beat out cowboys who sing with Dolly Parton. [Wink] (Although that was a good movie, too.)
Posts: 1830 | From: Land Under the Bed | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would go with Stallone. I like First Blood, Cobra, Rocky, even Tango and Cash (I don't think it was 80's though).

I never was ever attracted to Arnold, I never liked how he looked, he gave me the creeps. I love Terminator- but that really is the only movie I really liked him in. I watched Commando, and Predator and The Running Man and all those ones he was in, but never really got in to him.

I remember seeing Predator at the movies, and I was in the very back row, and the air conditioner was like right behind me,blowing air right on me and I was freezing to death, and I couldn't move cause the theater was packed with people, it was a big movie when it came out.

To me those were the days...when every weekend a new super great movie came out, and the theater was packed with people.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home