iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » SJP & Helen Hunt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SJP & Helen Hunt
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How come SJP & Helen Hunt never claim 'Girls Just Wanna Have Fun'? I mean everyone's seen it and they've been in heaps of other crap movies that they seem to claim. For an 80's teen flick I quite liked GJWHF. What's everyone else's verdict on this?
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And, given the girl's 90's and 00's success - why has this never been released on dvd?
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

It is on Region 1.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno babe.

I love that movie! You know that Lucy still has the soundtrack right? I also saw the DVD on ebay if you're interested. Also, look at the Girls Just Want To Have Fun Website...it's not bad. It's not like GJWTF was a bad movie, did poorly or was badly acted. Helen Hunt was genuinely hilarious and heck, if I could dance like SJP, I'd own it!!

Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that the two are "big, serious" actresses (one with Emmy nominations and the other with an Oscar to her name), they want to forget all the movies they made that could be percieved as stupid, although Parker has made quite a few poor movies in the past 15 years and Hunt seems to lost the plot since she won her Oscar. What was the last movie she was in, anyway?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

See what I mean?

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Girls Just Want To Have Fun" has been released on Region 2 as well. I know because I have it, and its very very inexpensive too! I think I bought it for a 'bargainous' £4! [Big Grin]

Play.com

The only downfall I can see is that its 4:3/Fullscreen compared to the Region 1 release! Its still a good fun movie to have in your collections though.

~grems!

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love girls just wanna have fun....."ma says I'm gonna be the first one, to dance the Bee Bop in the sky"......Yep...I LOVE it.
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home