iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Dancin', dancin', dancin'

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dancin', dancin', dancin'
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now I am watching Staying Alive and it made me realize how much I love all dance movies no matter how great or terrible they are... THose dance sceens just make me want to get up and DANCE!!! I love all of them.... Musicals from the 40's to movies like Staying Alive to Center Stage...

I am such a dork I always love after I watch the movie to dance around and think of my own dance numbers.. wow that sounds really pathetic for someone who is in their 20's and not 10!!!

Does anyone else do something like this??? Or is this just something a weirdo does? I mean I don't know if for the guys if you try to recreate spy movies or fighting movies... But I just really wanna dance right now!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out A Chorus Line. I love that one. It came out in 1985. Many people hate it for no good reason though.
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm an amateur screenwriter, and when I listen to music, I dance around and pogo (they call it a stim...I call it pogoing) as I come up with ideas for dances, performances and even action scenes. For example, in one screenplay I'm working on, I'm imagining a split-screen sequence where a dance band of strippers perform the extended version of Prince's song "Little Red Corvette" while a series of brutal murders take place. When the loved ones are asked to identify bodies, it is seen at the same time the strippers are singing "You're gonna run your body right into the ground...right into the ground...right into the ground...right into the ground."

That's my thinking for you.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we talkin' split screen in a Brian DePalma kinda' way....
or in an Ang Lee (Hulk) way?
Think carefully now....one is a genius who is the master of the split screen.
The other.....er.....is not! [Wink]

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you mean Tres, cause I use to love watching Solid Gold, and I took aerobics classes twice a week, and we would do alot of dancing along with aerobics.

I loved to dance too, and and I loved videos with Dance Sequences like Stevie Nick's "Stand Back".

Of course, I don't just love the Breakdancing in Breakin but I love how Kelly dances too.

I use to love to watch Dance Fever, and I loved all the dance routines that Donny and Marie did too, everyone was always dancing on TV, from American Bandstand to Soul Train, and it was a great form of exercise.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Smayt Gateford ate my homework:
Are we talkin' split screen in a Brian DePalma kinda' way....
or in an Ang Lee (Hulk) way?
Think carefully now....one is a genius who is the master of the split screen.
The other.....er.....is not! [Wink]

Brian DePalma, but of course. None of the movies I've seen from him have utilized split-screen (I've seen "Dressed To Kill", "Scarface", "Body Double" and "Wise Guys"), but it would definitely be like that. Actually, I haven't seem "Dressed To Kill" in a while, so I could be wrong on that.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

And now, back to our discussion of dancing in the movies!

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Sullivan
Master Rewinder
Member # 4010

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Anna Sullivan   Email Anna Sullivan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mum used to go insane when my sister and I were kids. Each time we watched "Girls Just Want to Have Fun", which was usually about once a day, we'd rearrange the living room furniture into our own little dance studio and nearly break our necks trying to do flips and rolls. Then we'd judge each other. They were quite patient considering how long this fixation lasted. I still feel like busting a move when I watch it. Luckily, now, I can go out...and usually not get asked for ID...and make an idiot of myself on the dance floor anyway.
Posts: 232 | From: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah I have seen a Chorus Line and I thought it was great! My drama teacher was in a performance of Chorus Line one of the traveling tour groups. So we watched her performance and we the movie version. Both we great! And as for "Girls Just wanna have fun" I di the same thing too except our dance studion was in the garage... lol [Razz]

And of course it was because of you Isis that I saw Breakin' 1 and 2 [Big Grin]

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home