iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Need help finding this movie

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need help finding this movie
mercury2000
Rewind Curious
Member # 4030

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for mercury2000   Email mercury2000   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear it was called Condor Man, but I cant find it anywhere so I must be mistaken. It was about a secret agent who called himself Condor Man. He even has a suit with huge condor wings that he uses to glide through the air. I can remember a part where the guy is at a restaurant and the waiter brings him a drink which is lit on fir, and he try's blowing it out. Not sure why that scene stuck in my head. Can anyone help me with this movie title??
Posts: 1 | From: Nor-Cal | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three Days Of The Condor?
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is definately not Three Days of the Condor. Sounds something like

The Rocketeer that starred Billy Campbell and Jennifer Connelly.

Don't know for sure if this is it but maybe it will help.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh there was a film called Condorman (1981) starring Michael Crawford who's particularly famous for being in musicals and playing Frank Spencer in Some Mothers Do 'Ave Em.
If that's the film then good luck finding an original copy of the DVD, it's out of print and fetches high prices on eBay, direct-copy bootlegs are a plenty though.

Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The film you are talking about is definitely Condorman and was one of the first movies I ever saw on video. Michael Crawford was brilliant as the comic book hero who wins more by luck than judgement...

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I checked the DVD was OOP and going for $100+
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anchor Bay has released this 2x on dvd. Once in '99 and then again in '03. Both appear to have been BareBones editions and are OOP.

Trying contacting ANCHOR BAY and suggest that they release this as a Special Edition or a re-release of the barebones...

E-mail your suggestion to: suggestions@anchorbayent.com

If I were you, I'd wait for a re-release. I'm not familar with this movie so I dunno if another release would happen.

Drum up some support and see what happens!

-

-

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home