iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Movie of the Day--Mosquito Coast

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Movie of the Day--Mosquito Coast
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It has been a while since I saw this one but I am always in awe of it because of the idea of someone giving up modern conveniences to live in the wilderness.

Starring Harrison Ford and the late River Phoenix this tale follows the journey of a family who gives up the world that they know to create one in an unknown wilderness to try and give back to the world by living off of the land.

Supporting performances by Helen Mirren and the Reverend guy (sorry I can't think of his name right off) help to make this unusual story stand out.

I love the cinematography of this flick. I think it would be interesting to live like this for a while, but please I would have to have my movies to survive. One of Harrison's deeper performances in my opinion. He really let everything go for that role and it worked in his favor.

Do you guys have any thoughts on this flick?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A good movie, but a bit long, I liked it and then the end dragged. A must see though.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home