iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Easy Money

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easy Money
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching it last night, I have to finish the end, I remember seeing it in the 80's, but had forgotten the whole thing.

It was so cool just in the beginning to see that Billy Joel sang the title song.

I forgot Jennifer Jason Leigh was in it, and she married the guy that is the Mr. Pizza Guy that Spicolli buys the pizza from in Fast Times. Boy is he creepy, I totally can understand why she was freaked on her wedding night when it came to consumating the marriage, I would have fallen off the bed on the floor trying to get away from him too.

The Grandma in it is Arthur's Grandma in "Arthur", she plays a mean old purple headed granny pretty well.

Also, Joe Pesci was pretty funny, what was hilarious was them picking up the wedding cake...what a "fake" cake, I mean when they opened the door to the van to put it in, Rodney Dangerfield is holding it with one hand, that thing would have weighed a ton, and you can't stack a cake layer on top of another one like they did, without pillars in between, it would have been too heavy, so that part was so funny, that they made it believable that it was real.

So far it is pretty cool.

Oh, and Ed Rooney (Ferris's Principal) is the Grannie's side kick in it.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe, i hav'nt mention this movie more in the past it is a GOOD movie and very funny(Rodney's Best)and i really need to get this movie on DVD.
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried finishing it last night, and fell asleep again, it takes me 3 nights to watch a whole movie any more.

But, I did see Rodney's next door neighbor sunbathing- [Eek!] ....Valley must have too, cause it must have reminded him to go play basketball- [Big Grin] That was some nasty stuff.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I Remember Her Having...Tig Ol' Bitty's [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] I'm sooooh BAD!
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C.T. I think Caddyshack is definitely Rodney's best movie. He stole the movie and it was hard to do with people like Murray, Chase, and Ted Knight.

Easy Money was fair, but I'd take "Back To School" over it too. How can you beat the Triple Lindey?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
True!!!

But i love that part on Easy Money when they hid the Voice Box in the Fridge--And it says "Eat Again Fatty Fatty" [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

And the part when Morty is building the model airplne and his daughter is playing scales on her violin and Morty's about to stab his self and he call for Rose to come help him. That's Funny Stuff

Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Now you are talking my language. An entire movie filmed on good old Staten Island. I pass by that bakery just about everyday. It's called Alfonso's it still looks exactly the same.

"Let's go to Pop's he's open late"

"Looks like it's Pop's last dish"

You have to watch it 30 times to see all the funny parts.

Try it again. And try not to **** when he can't finish all his Hash Browns.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Oh CT, you are talking about:

Belinda, what's that you are playing?

Scales.

Never heard of him.

PLEASE WATCH IT AGAIN.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
Hey D e V o

How about the part when Morty & Nicky go to the department store to find a new shirt for Nicky. And that Bald head dude at the counter is getting "Snootie" with Nicky--All the while there's a Mannegin that looks just like the Salesman. And Morty says..."One More Word Out Of You And He Get's It" [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I finished it last night. The end I remembered more than the beginning.

I like when they are in the department store, and the sales lady asks if she can help them, and they said "we're just browsing", and she said "you don't look like browsers", and Joe Pesci said... "he's half browser, on his father's side".

I love the "Regular Guy" clothing line up.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That movie is a riot. When they walk into the store and they're browsing and the old lady says it's a store for odds and ends and they say "If we show you two odds will you show us your end?"
Also gotta love the bald guy in the store who looks just like the mannequin!!!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home