iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » What did you watch last weekend?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did you watch last weekend?
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a whole bunch of movies that I ordered that came in and some that I rented:

Murder by Death
Seems Like Old Times
Titanic
Cactus Flower
I Heart Huckabees--werid!
Shall We Dance?--actually not to bad
Cat in the Hat--my sons choice
Ghostbusters
Sibling Rivalry

I wish I could have gone to the movies but I was helping my mom because she had knee surgery on Friday. I actually cooked a lot this weekend, I am kind of in the mood to do that now.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sfreak
Master Rewinder
Member # 3922

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sfreak   Email 80'sfreak   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a ton of movie this weekend.

16 candles
adventures in babysitting
the goonies
monster squad
lake placid on tv
scream
april fools day (my first time ever watching that one, wasn't that impressed)

Had agreat weekend of lounging and movie watching though. Hope everyone else did to:)

80'sfreak

Posts: 111 | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Instead of renting, I limited myself to movies shown on broadcast TV last weekend. They're not from the 80's, but with some 80's-related things to them:

(1.) Car Wash (1976), starring Franklin Ajaye, Antonio Fargas, Melanie Mayron (long before she was in "Thirtysomething"), Garrett Morris, Darrow Igus (way before "Fridays"), George Carlin, with cameos by Richard Pryor and The Pointer Sisters. Also unbilled cameos by Danny DeVito and Brooke Adams.

The voice of J.J. Jackson (one of MTV's original VJ's) can be heard in a loudspeaker! [Cool]

(2.) A TV-movie called "Saving Milly" on CBS. True story about a woman with Parkinson's Disease. Her husband is Mort Kondracke, a Washington political journalist, who gained fame in the 80's by appearing on "The McLaughlin Group". Michael J. Fox has a very touching, and brief appearance at the end.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.
I admire your stamina, JLP!
I actually can't stand to watch more than a maximum of 2 movies over a weekend.

I watched part of the extra stuff on the extended LOTR DVD - I just love those movies to death! [Smile]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched the notebook with my grandma and saw ( very freaky ) with a friend and oliver and company by myself lol [Smile]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This past weekend, I did try and watch a Hallmark movie that was made for 2005, on the Hallmark Channel. It was called Thicker than Water, and it had Lindsey Wagner and Melissa Gilbert in it ( who are 2 of my favorite actresses from the 70's) but the movie was boring, and had no plot to it, I couldn't take it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home