iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Eddie and the Cruisers/Michael Pare

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eddie and the Cruisers/Michael Pare
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know Eddie Wilson is going to go- [Eek!] - when I say this...but I have never seen Eddie and the Cruisers.

I have just finished watching the whole first Season of The Greatest American Hero, and Michael Pare was in it, and boy did I think he was cute...I remembered my mom really liking Eddie and the Cruisers, but when it came on HBO back in the mid to late 80's, I was always busy and never stopped to watch it.

So, I just bought it on DVD. It is only PG...I think my son could watch it, he liked him on the Greatest American hero too.

I also just bid on the movie Streets of Fire with Michael Pare and Diane Lane, and I have never seen it either. I might be becoming a big fan of Michael Pare, and have to buy up all his movies. Has anyone seen Streets of Fire, and what do they think??

-

He's gotta get rid of the cigarette...otherwise, that's a pretty nice picture. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked both of the Eddie & The Cruisers movies. The first one was by far the best, but the second one also had a cool soundtrack.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis "Streets Of Fire" is an excellent movie. Tom Cody & Ellen Aim both rock! This movie is cool, because it kinda dared to be different and it worked in my opinion.

The soundtrack is smashing as well. Songs like "I Can Dream About You" & "No Where Fast".

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Loved the first Eddie, hated the second, but I have a friend who swears by them both. I bought everything I could get my hands on by John Cafferty & Beaver Brown and as a result I've got a couple of pretty nice collectibles in my cd collection. My wife and I saw them at Bogart's when we were dating and they put on a great show. They came back for something like seven encores. Definitely got our money out of that concert. (Bogart's shows were a good value back then.)
As for Streets Of Fire, I didn't care for the movie, but the soundtrack was okay. My sister won it in a contest on a local radio station.

Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched Streets of Fire last night, and I loved it.

I realized Diane Lane wasn't really singing, but she did an awesome job at preforming, and whoever did sing the songs were great!

My favorite was Tonight is what it feels to be Young (I think was the name), and Nowhere Fast- those were really exciting songs. I don't know if the videos were released with the movie on DVD, but my friend put them on the one I have, and now I can just watch the video which was the coolest thing.

I loved Michael Pare, but what was up with his pants with the suspenders, he could have been a little more cool on the wardrobe, but my favorite scene was at the very beginning when he grabbed the switch blade off the guy-that was cool.

I love the beginning when they are going through the opening credits and they would freeze frame the screen and then it would rip apart..like an effect...in to another scene...that was cool filming.

Amy Madigan was kind of different in this movie.

Rick Moranis was ok as the manager for Ellen Aim, but not as her boyfriend...even though I always thought he was cool as Bob McKenzie, to go from Michael Pare to him...was quite a change.

I thought Diane Lane looked really pretty. I love the kiss in the rain scene! Wooo!

Willem Dafoe (The Green Goblin, himself) he is one creepy looking dude no matter what he is in, he freaks me out. He looked like he was wearing bibs made out of a Hefty garbage bag.

It was cool...how it didn't seem to have any time period...some of it looked like the 50's...the cars definately were...and the bikers dudes, and then some of it was definately the 80's- Diane Lane looked like Joan Jett at times, and her clothes were 80's and it was like a mix of both when she preformed with the guys who were on the bus with her-cause they seemed definately 50's.

I loved Michael Pare's car. Wasn't his sister from off Two Close for Comfort??

It was cool to see Elizabeth Daily in another movie.

I actually made it the whole way to the end, so that means I really was digging the whole thing.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now please....do yourself a favor and watch Eddie & The Cruisers. It will rock your socks off. Also, have you seen "The Philadelphia Experiment" Isis? Pare is in that too. Good flick.

...Did anyone ever notice the muscle change in Eddie from part 1 to part 2? Pare has the biggest arms in part 2.

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Eddie, I did see Eddie and the Cruisers finally, I posted about it somewhere else. I loved it. I don't know...but me and you might have to duke it out over who is liking Michael Pare more soon, cause I am fastly become a huge fan of his.

He was nice looking fer sure, like totally, and then some!

He has some nice arms...no doubt. I might have to get Eddie and the Cruisers II, even thought everyone said it wasn't that great. I have looked his name up on IMDB....I never saw the Philadelphia Experiment...I'll have to look for it. What is Michael Pare doing now? On the Greatest American Hero special features it had an interview with him, he looks ok, but definately alot older. I think he said his wife was from around Pittsburgh, PA.

Wouldn't that be cool if he came back here to visit, I'd have him then and Michael Schoeffling in my state. Look out!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I was watching the behind the scenes on the making of Streets of Fire, and they showed how they put big canopies over the entire set, to do the scenes to look like they were done at night, it was the biggest indoor set ever built, so they didn't have to waste time shooting at night. That was pretty cool.

That music is so cool, I can't believe those songs she sang in the movie, that I never heard them before, because they were really cool. There is another song I saw pieces of but don't have the video for, but I want to find the soundtrack for it now.

I was reading other people say they really liked The Philadelphia Experiment, I am going to try finding it.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An interesting thing to note: 'Tonight Is What It Means To Be Young' and 'Nowhere Fast' were both Jim Steinman songs (they do sound a bit Meatloaf/Bonnie Tyler-ish). You'll find them under either 'Jim Steinman' or 'Fire Inc' on peer to peer.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Who actually was the singer that sang them?? Because they say it wasn't Diane Lane, in the behind the scenes...they say Diane can actually sing, but not like they needed her to for this movie, and they said the music inspired the movie and vice versa, which is way cool.

I love the words to Tonight is what it means to be Young.

Check them out:

I've got a dream 'bout an angel on the beach
And the perfect waves are starting to come
His hair is flying out in ribbons of gold
And his touch has got the power to stone
I've got a dream 'bout an angel in the forest
Enchanted by the edge of a lake
His body's flowing in the jewels of light
And the earth below him's starting to shake

But I don't see any angels in the city
I don't hear any holy choirs sing
And if I can't get an angel
I can still get a boy
And a boy'd be the next best thing
The next best thing to an angel
A boy'd be the next best thing

I've got a dream 'bout a boy in a castle
And he's dancing like a cat on the stairs
He's got the fire of a prince in his eyes
And the thunder of a drum in his ears
I've got a dream 'bout a boy on a star
Looking down upon the realm of the world
He's there all alone and dreaming of someone like me
I'm not an angel but at least I'm a girl

I've got a dream when the darkness is over
We'll be lying in the rays of the sun
But it's only a dream and tonight is for real
You'll never know what it means
But you'll know how it feels
It's gonna be over (over)
Before you know it's begun
(Before you know it's begun)

It's all we really got tonight
Stop your crying hold on (tonight)
Before you know it it's gone (tonight)
Tonight is what it means to be young

Let the rebels begin
Let the fire be started
We're dancing for the restless and the broken-hearted
Let the rebels begin
Let the fire be started
We're dancing for the desperate and the broken-hearted
Let the rebels begin...(Tonight is what it means to be young...)
Let the fire be started...(Before you know it it's gone...)
We're dancing for the restless and the broken-hearted
Let the rebels begin
Let the fire be started
We're dancing for the desperate and the broken-hearted

Say a prayer in the darkness for the magic to come
No matter what it seams
Before you know it it's gone
Before you know it it's gone

I've got a dream when the darkness is over
We'll be lying in the rays of the sun
But it's only a dream and tonight is for real
You'll never know what it means
But you'll know how it feels
It's gonna be over (over)
Before you know it's begun

It's all we really got tonight
Stop your cryin' hold on (tonight)
Before you know it it's gone (tonight)
Tonight is what it means to be young...

The things they say
And then the things they do
Nothin's gonna stop us if our dream is true...

It is a really long song, but it is so COOL!!

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I just bought the CD soundtrack of Streets of Fire, on Ebay with shipping for under $11!! Brand New.

The song that I don't have a video for, and can't find the lyrics, but now I just got it on the soundtrack, and I love it ...is:

Never be You- Maria McKee

I loved that song, I only heard it in pieces, but I know I heard it back when.

That is an awesome song.

I can't wait to get the CD, and blast it in my car! Yippee!!

I have to say that Diane Lane did the best Lip syncing performance I ever saw ever.

stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know that Michael Pare plays the part of Bill Pruitt on the movie Hope Floats with Sandra Bullock?
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I was a kid, I watched STREETS OF FIRE, loved it and thought that Michael Pare was gonna be the next big action hero but he kinda disappeared into direct-to-video oblivion, damn shame...
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am addicted to Streets of Fire. My son loves the song I can't Dream about you, it is so crazy to me that he never heard it until know.

I was watching the behind the scenes stuff about it again, and Walter Hill was an awesome director.

They said Tom Petty and Stevie Nicks wrote songs for the soundtrack.

They said the voice of Ellen Aim, was a combo of 2-3 voices that were mixed electronically- that to me was so cool. It does feel like it is Diane Lane's voice in the movie. Boy, did she have a great stage presence about her in that movie.

The girl that did the dance in the bar, she was the body double (dance double) in Flashdance.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home