iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Are ya in the mood??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Are ya in the mood??
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you get in certain moods to watch certain movies?

I remember Cindy saying she likes to watch movies according to the seasons, and I am like that too. Like I love to watch scary movies at Halloween, and Spring Break type movies in the spring.

I have been in the mood to watch a good drama and haven't figured out what I wanna watch.

Has anyone else ever seen the movie Raggedy Man with Sissy Spacek???, it was a pretty good movie.

But, I have been wanting to watch something along the lines of:

Places in the Heart or Kramer Vs. Kramer, or On Golden Pond, ot Brubaker, or Murphy's Romance...those are some of my favorite drama type movies..

Kramer Vs. Kramer was the first movie I ever saw partial nudity in it, when I was a kid, when Jobeth Williams did the scene where Justin Henry says " Do you like fried chicken?"

I love that movie, I love the scene where he pushes it to the limit on the Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, he did it so perfect, and the end scene when they are making french toast together-they had come a long way. I still can't watch the scene where he falls off the jungle gym, I cover my head every time.

what are ya in the mood to watch??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am totally like that as well. It is getting into spring time so I like to watch movies that are set around that time. I like to watch The Allnighter and Dazed and Confused. I like to watch things that take place at the end of school. In the summer time I pretty much watch any kind of blockbuster movie since that is when they usually come out. I have been in a comedy mood lately.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Easter is soon and I have the urge to watch "Cousins" and "Steel Magnolias" for some strange reason.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hoosiers" always reels me in around this time of year. I also find myself watching "Field Of Dreams" and "Bull Durham" right about now. I'm not sure why. ;-)
Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, keeping my choices 80s-excusive (Gee, jlp, I didn't know "Dazed And Confused" was an 80s movie;)), I'd have to say that when I'm in a mood to see a favorite on TV, I can always find it. "Lethal Weapon" (the first one) is always on once a week. "Beverly Hills Cop II" comes around every month on Comedy Central. These are always good for a laugh.

Also, when I think of my school days and want to see a movie, I'll always watch "Pink Floyd: The Wall". Seeing the kids get their revenge on the cold-hearted teachers who give no damn about them is something that I admit to occasionally thinking about with a smile on my face. I mean, out of school. The only time I threatened violence in school caused my life to take another turn when I was put into a half-insane-asylum/half-prison and I was one of the few white guys in a group of hardcore gangbangers.

Explains a lot, don't it?

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought, i was the only one who likes to watch certain '80s movies in different seasons of the year.

For instance:

Spring & Summer I like to watch... Valley Girl It's a perfect warm Summer Night movie. Because in Valley Girl, the movie take place near the end of the School Year(and there in Sunny California [Cool] ). There catching some rays at the beach [Cool] Susie has a House Party(and we all know how cool parties are in the Spring/Summer months). Even some of the people are hangin' outside at the VAL PARTY....not to mention Randy,Julie,Fred & Stacy all Cruisin' the street in a Convertable(imagine how warm the night has to be to do that!!!). Awww man watching Valley Girl in the Summer rocks!!!!. I even have a DVD player in my car...So on those really hott Summer Nights i'll watch Valley Girl as i Cruise with the Sunroof and all the windows open [Smile]

Another good Spring/Summer movie would be.. The Last American Virgin . This movie also take place in Sunny California. The opening scene kind of reminds me of Valley Girl. This movie has that certain Summer feel to it,the beach...the house parties....but then near the end of the movie they goes Skiing for Christmas Vaction????. But it's still a great Spring/Summer Movie.

And let's not forget... Horror Movies [Big Grin] [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin] THESE ARE PERFECT FOR WARM SRPING/SUMMER NIGHT!!!!!!! Night Of The Creeps is a great movie to watch in the Summer and Slumber Party Masscare

What type of Season it is play a heavy factor on what kind of movies i'm gonna watch.

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis mentioned "Raggedy Man" up at the top...that's a quiet gem of a movie that starred Sissy Spacek and Eric Roberts, featuring a pre-ET Henry Thomas. If you like the quirky little film as I do, I highly recommend it.
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Breakfast Club is a Great movie to watch on a Very Chilly/Cold day. So is SOULMAN [Wink] [Smile] [Cool]
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home