iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Favorite Jon Cryer movie??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite Jon Cryer movie??
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I must admit up until about a year ago, when I thought of Jon Cryer, I instantly thought of Pretty In Pink. I really didn't know too much about his other work, or if he even had any for that matter.

Then I found the vintage video store in my area and saw movies like Hiding Out and Morgan Stewart's Coming Home sitting on the shelf and I was like oh, I guess he did do other stuff besides Duckie.

So, what is your favorite Jon Cryer movie? I would have to go with his first, No Small Affair with Demi Moore. The first time I watched this I thought it was okay but now after seeing it like 2 or 3 times, I really like it. His parents in the movie both played on Three's Company in several episodes. So great! Plus, E.G. Daily is in it!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a Ducky Lover.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
l liked Hiding Out the best. That was cool.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't know that his parents were actors, I would still have to say Duckie rules--PIP!!!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite Cryer film is Hiding Out. PinP stands a very close second, but Hiding Out was the best, imo.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I go against the grain. Morgan Stewart's coming home. Easily my favorite. Hands down.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone knows I love the Duck [Wink]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like him in Hot Shots when he's practically blind. His clueless line, "Thank you Andre, I'll have the veal pecata," after being dragged all the way to the hospital is an all-time favorite.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVE DUCKY !!! pretty in pink all the way baby
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiding Out. I also liked No Small Affair, but having Dinty Moore around kind of makes that one tough to watch.
Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
Everyone knows I love the Duck [Wink]

[Wink]
Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duckie has to be his most memorable!

I like Hiding Out and No Small Affair! but the Duck.........I loooooooooove the Duck!

I'd just die for a man to sing some Otis to me....Duckie stlye! wooooo.....Andie was a fool. [Razz]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jomc810
Rewind Curious
Member # 3941

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jomc810   Email jomc810   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved Hiding Out, and Morgan Stewart is coming Home. They are classic
Posts: 6 | From: CT | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oi Tepperman......STEP AWAY FROM THE DUCK!!!...the Duck is MINE!! [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you guys think of Cryer in 2 1/2 Men?
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Muffy I agree that Duckie singing in "Pretty In Pink" was awesome. However I prefer Jon Cryer in the movie "Hiding Out".

Wow, check out this link and look how young everyone looked in the 80's.

Brat Packers & Friends

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never knew who officially was the Brat Pack, so Daphne Zuniga and Jennifer Grey must be part of the and "friends" part, cause I never considered them true brat packers.

But, that is a cool bunch of people, they all made some cool 80's stuff.

I always thought there was a sub division of brat packers, and the whole entire cast of April Fool's Day would fall in to it, which includes:

Deborah Foreman
Deborah Goodrich
Amy Steel
Clayton Rohner
Ken Olandt

and then others like:
Phoebe Cates
Judd Reinhold
Jennifer Jason Leigh
Jill Schoelen
Adam Baldwin
Zach Galligan
John Cusak
Diane Franklin
Lucinda ****ey
Betsy Russell
Catherine Mary Stewart
Kelly Preston
Kim Catrall
Steve Guttenberg
Kelly Lynch
Elizabeth Shue
Meg Tilly
Jamie Lee Curtis
Penelope Ann Miller
Christopher Atkins
Amanda Peterson
Patrick Dempsey

All these people really contributed alot to some really cool, be lesser known movies of the 80's, and some were definately big names too.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Angel I sooooooo know the duck is yours.... does that mean Mr.Depp is fair game then?? Nah?? dang he's yours too..... [Wink]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
You'd better believe it sister.......I will give you one though.......just remember....dont feed him after midnight, and dont get him wet!!!! [Wink]
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's some good advice Earth Angel...hahaha! You and Muffy are nuts...I love it! I just read these posts and laughed out loud...so thanks for cheering me up [Smile] !
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home