iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Anchor Bay rules!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anchor Bay rules!!
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank God for Anchor Bay. This company really has been coming through with releasing some of the harder to get 80's movies, imcluding horror, and tv shows. Already they've given us Mischief, License To Drive, The Greatest American Hero and more. I just had to give them a shout out...haha!
Go Anchor Bay! Paramount and Universal Home Video should take some notes [Roll Eyes] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JimBrayFan
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3831

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JimBrayFan   Author's Homepage   Email JimBrayFan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are also releasing The Pirate Movie this month so I definitely give them my props.
Posts: 90 | From: Long Island | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GremlinBreakfast
Rewind Gizmo
Member # 2585

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for GremlinBreakfast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Cindy, Anchor Bay rule!

I absolutely love 'License To Drive,' and I'm very much looking forward to seeing 'Mischief' when it is released on DVD next month. I'd also like to mention '21-Jump Street,' which I haven't seen also, and to the fact that they excelled themselves with the 'Heathers - Special Edition,' which was a dream come true for such a classic! They also did an amazing job with the 'Halloween' DVD and the 'Evil Dead' one too!

Is it me, or do Anchor Bay lovingly give us all these added extras, and STILL keep to a reasonable price tag?

I do hope the other distributors will start taking notes! [Wink]

~grems!

[ 03. March 2005, 05:53: Message edited by: GremlinBreakfast ]

Posts: 318 | From: England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They also did a great job with Sledge Hammer, including erasing the laugh tracks from the early episodes, which I think makes it better and funnier.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes they have some great movies on their books, BUT NOT IN THE UK. [Frown]
Come on Anchor Bay, Bring the classics across the pond, Hell you would make a fortune just of me. Well thats enough begging, you all enjoy your dvd's, me i'm just going to put my old VHS copy on again, and dream what might have been. [Wink]

Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the company's website for more info on their home video releases:

http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com

Hope this helps! [Cool]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cowboy10uk
Master Rewinder
Member # 117

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Cowboy10uk   Email Cowboy10uk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers. [Big Grin]
Posts: 158 | From: Hazzard County | Registered: Nov 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
piratemoviefan12
Master Rewinder
Member # 2715

- posted      Profile for piratemoviefan12     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:

Go Anchor Bay! Paramount and Universal Home Video should take some notes [Roll Eyes] .

AB liscenses these shows and movies from the major studios.

What the MAJOR STUDIOS like UNI AND PARAMOUNT should do is take the time to do the supplimentals for the tv-on-dvd releases that AB does. Sure AB gets the material from the big guys, but when the big guys handle a release directly, they don't seem to care to include anything other than the episodes...

At least in the case of UNI and PARA

Posts: 133 | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anchor Bay rules!

They released License to Drive and Dutch on DVD, and Only the Lonely is coming soon; three movies I've been waiting awhile for on DVD.

For TV shows, they're releasing Roseanne, my favorite show EVER, along with 3rd Rock from the Sun and Grounded for Life which are also great.

Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdventuresInGooniesitting
Master Rewinder
Member # 1882

- posted      Profile for AdventuresInGooniesitting         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, Anchor Bay will also be releasing some of Gallagher's comedy specials on DVD later this year. (I grew up watching those with my dad in the 80s) I'll definitely be picking those up...
Posts: 269 | From: Dawson's Garage, I owe $5 | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brandon777
Master Rewinder
Member # 4014

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brandon777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anchor Bay rocks!!!!! Some of the Anchor Bay dvds I own are Time Bandits, Fraternity Vacation, The Beastmaster, The Sword and the Sorcerer, and Dawn of the Dead.
Posts: 239 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home