iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Judd Nelson's joke in Breakfast Club

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Judd Nelson's joke in Breakfast Club
wallyum
Master Rewinder
Member # 2746

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for wallyum   Email wallyum   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen this movie quite a few times, and I'm always annoyed when Judd's character is telling the joke as he crawls through the ceiling back to the library. HE NEVER GETS TO FINISH!!! Can someone tell me if this is an actual joke, and if so, finish it for me? If not, is it just something they threw into the movie to drive morons like me crazy?
Posts: 160 | From: Northern Kentucky | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bionic Bigfoot
Rewind Legend
Member # 2490

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bionic Bigfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It wasn't an actual joke. I read that they tried their hardest to come up with one that would end with the punchline "I forgot my pencil" but they couldn't do it. So it was never actually a joke.
Posts: 1708 | From: Dallas | Registered: Mar 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that is true I heard it too. I still think it works totally well in the scene, after all why would he need a punch line when he was telling the joke to himself, right?
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

One actual joke from the movie was when Judd Nelson's character says to Emilio Estevez' character "When I grow up, I want to be just like you! I figure all I need is a lobotomy and some tights!

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rancid
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 4108

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Rancid   Email Rancid   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, what Judd Nelson was saying was a limrick...

"There once was a man from Nantucket"....
i'd go on but it's a dirty limrick and would just be edited out anyways [Smile]

Posts: 17 | From: Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, you can find this information everywhere about the joke, the just had make something as they coundnt figure a 'i forgot my pencil punchline' the line he says straight after falling out the ceiling....
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr_Evil666
Rewind Curious
Member # 4097

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Dr_Evil666         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read on an TBC fansite that the joke goes as follows (he actually ended it...just not many ppl hear it or get it)
"Naked blonde walks into a bar with a poodle under one arm, and a two-foot salami under the other. The bartender says, I guess you won't be needing a drink. Naked lady says 'no ****'"

not reli funny, but he made it up on the spot

Posts: 6 | From: matti****, Ny | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved that scene, Nelson talking into the camera that Hughes does so well.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been too long since I watched this.. Gotta look at it the weekend. I'm most like Judd of all the characters..

How bout you guys??

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in school I was more like Anthony Michael Hall's character, although I was striving to be more like Estevez's character.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Brian pure and simple.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a combo of all three.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home