iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » I Watched Valley Girl For The First Time Last Night! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I Watched Valley Girl For The First Time Last Night!
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I have seen this movie like 100 times, but I decided to watch it in a different way last night and it was a fun experience. I watched the movie, but really looked for all the little things that I thought were cool. Then I decided to post them and ask you to look for some of this stuff the next time you watch the movie.

So here goes:

1. The Mastercard at the beginning belonged to a Cindy Crawford.

2. My favorite fast food is in the background at the mall. Chick-fil-a has the best chicken sandwich still to this today.

3. I Love Julie's heart shaped earrings!

4. You can purchase a large glass of lemonade at the beach stand for only .60.

5. Eat Here Today, Live Tomorrow is a cool T-Shirt for a Health Food Store. Definitely not Pizza Hut!

6. Does anyone else think Doug The Stud was actually the star of his own mini-movie? I mean he was with at least 3 chicks at the party, he was always convoing with Tommy, Doug tossed Fred to the curb, he was seen in the bathroom snorting cocaine, Tommy & Julie went cruising with him the night they got back together, he introduced the band at the prom, and he helped spike the punch. I'm really surprised he doesn't have his own fan club!

7. Did anyone else besides Me own Brad's "No Other Valdude Can Touch Me" multi-colored jacket from Suzi's Party?

8. I always wonder who the heck would call Lyle during such a rockin' party.

9. What was the margin for error on Fred's Poll? - He really needs to work on his questions.

10. Notice the 25% More Free Banana Boat lotion on the bathroom counter at Suzi's Party. Maybe Skip wasn't the only person from the grocery Beth was giving Tips to ya know.

This was only the first 30 minutes!

[ 27. February 2005, 08:54: Message edited by: ValleyCat ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
11. To the often controversial Julie line to Stacey as they leave the party. I came to the conclusion last night that Julie blew the line during filming (say it ain't so Foreman), but the budget was so tight the director just went with it.

12. Datsun.....There Is Definitely A Substitute!

13. What is Fred talking about when he says "Sweet Cheeks and Velvet Thighs"....cancel that I don't wanna know.

14. Fred's Mom needs to get a new rearview mirror when she goes in to repair that dent Randy put in the side of her car with his boot.

15. If Randy & Julie had visited the club on Monday May 25th they could have seen Katy Sagal & The Pearly Kings perform.

16. Was that Elvis Costello at the Bar?

17. Wow that fingering snapping chick behind Randy & Julie had some serious moves!

18. Fred was out of Stacey's league, but she never realized it, because she was too conceded to noticed he was the bomb.

19. OMG...there is a rearview mirror thief on the loose. Check out the Driver's Ed Car too.

20. Good thing Beth dumped the SOHIO, because you don't here much about them anymore.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
21. The Health Food store is open Monday through Saturday 9am to 6:30pm. Just an FYI.

22. Does anyone know the rest of Julie's address? It's 3907 something....nevermind I'll just look for all the tents in the front yard.

23. Cool how Randy was such a huge Tangerine Dream fan. Do you think he got that t-shirt at a concert?

24. Someone needs to paint that Volkswagon bug down the street from Suzi's house.

25. That clown Julie was sleeping with looks familar....was it also the jack-in-box in April Fool's Day?

26. Would Randy have still offered to call if a Phone Call had cost .75 instead of the dime it was then?

27. Did anyone else think Samantha was totally Hot?

28. Fred's Plans were not too cool, but they still crushed the fly...so simplicity is a beautiful thing.

29. Do you think William Zabka who was seen earlier making decorations for the prom, taught Tommy his Karate moves? I mean the results were pretty much the same as the Karate Kid.

30. Do you think Tommy asked Julie for his Gold braclet back the next day? And did she have to pay him for it?

[Cool]

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOW! You rule Valley [Smile] ! I love stuff like this! Good looking out!!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley that was soooooooo creative and great!

Still waiting on a certain person to watch this classic....... [Razz] !

I loved Chick-fil-a! Thats one of those nutty things I notice in the movie also. We had one in the mall in the 80's where I grew up and it was always closed on Sundays....weird huh? yummy chicken sandwiches in a foil packet. [Wink]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Muffy, Chick-fil-a is smokin' yummy! [Wink]

Chick-fil-a

Cindy thanks for appreciating this thread. I love cool stuff like this, and I thought it might make the movie interesting for some people the next time they watch it. [Cool]

-

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have to say that you did a good job val. and i never knew someone that would have watched a movie for the 865985900786786 time, just to catch other little bits that nobody ever pays attention to....except myself! i thought i was the only one who did that, seriously.

p.s. chick-fil-a sandwiches are definitely the yummiest chicken sandwiches ever. my family still eats em.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang....I have never been to a Chick-fil-a ever, I guess I haven't lived yet...apparently.

That is cool Valley, You must have got your Trapper Keeper out, and taken notes the whole way through the movie.

It makes me wanna watch it too. I might just have to do that. I noticed Julie's Woody Woodpecker pin for the first time a few months ago.

I never noticed Billy Zabka in the movie,it makes me wanna go look right now.

I finally noticed Joyce Hyser at the end, after someone else mentioned that.

I have been wanting to see a current picture of Josie Cotton, since like forever, does anyone have one?.

Wasn't the Wizard of Oz one of the movies playing, besides The Rocky Horror Picture Show when they drove down the BLVD.?

I never thought Samantha was hot, I thought she was creepy looking, I thought her black gloves she had on, didn't go with the rest of her outfit, and I wondered if she was a germaphobic cause of having to do that scene in the bathroom.

My favorite outfit of Julie's is her yellow pants outfit she is wearing during driver's ed.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry CT but read Valleys posts a little closer, he did mention Katey Sagal
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
C.T. that is a cool fact you pointed out about Katey Sagal. Now I need to go watch that scene again to see if I mis-spelled her name or the doorman that always updates the board did it! [Wink] I think he had too much fun frisking Julie and Stacey and never noticed his mistake. [Big Grin]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching Valley Girl last night, it was late, and I only made it to where Suzie and Skip were getting "Eaten by the Monster of Love".

Now..Doug...is he the guy with the blue and white striped shirt...because I did notice the guy with the pink collar up preppy shirt...I noticed him more this time, and he was in the bathroom alot too, and his name was Todd.

I noticed the heart shaped earrings- those were cool.

I did notice at Suzie's house they had the ugliest curtains I have ever seen.

I missed Cindy Crawford's name...I have to pay more attention.

I noticed Katey Sagal's face-which I never would have known that was her, but I didn't notice her name.

[ 05. March 2005, 18:34: Message edited by: isis9968 ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok Isis I only have one question...."What movie were you watching?" [Razz]

Doug is definitely the guy with the collar-up pink shirt, because when he is in the bathroom making the moves on a girl...she keeps saying "Dooouuugg". Also, he a "Doug the Stud" t-shirt on under his tux at the prom, you could kinda read if you looked real close. [Wink]

Katy Sagal (btw, check the board C.T.) wasn't suppose to be there until Monday Night, so if you saw her Isis that was a cool find indeed.

Isis, as the club bouncer would say:

"No Drugs, Guns, or Alcohol" when watching Valley Girl please. Btw, he had a cameo as a guard in Night of the Comet, just another neat factoid. [Cool] [Big Grin]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well C.T. I definitely don't claim to "know" everything about Valley Girl. I'm extremely credible when it comes to movie questions, but I'm very limited on my music knowledge. I was just poking fun at the Katey Sagal spelling bee we were having. I blame the misunderstanding all on Bruno The Bouncer.

As far as the song from the party ....Ronnie or Cindy would be better at answering that question, because they are both soundtrack junkies. Though I'll check it out and give it a shot.

R&J Forever

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yum....I notice I wrote Stacey & Skip, in my own previous post, I meant Suzie, I had to do some editing.

Valley...I was tired this morning when I wrote that, don't wake me up so early- [Wink]

I swear....I looked at the woman who is sitting behind Julie in the scene in the bar, and she looks just like Katey Sagal in the face, I think she is smoking a cigarette, and has long hair. It sure looked like a young Peg Bundy to me.

The girl in the bathroom getting felt up by the guy in the pink shirt, I heard her say his name, and I swear she called him Todd. Now, I have to re watch it again, just so I can hear his name again.

cs1992
Rewinder
Member # 694

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cs1992   Email cs1992   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the "controversial" line that Julie says to Stacy as they leave the party?
Posts: 45 | From: Norbolt, ND, USA | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Hello cs1992! The line is controversial because depending on who you talk to about it, you get a different answer about what Julie said to Stacey as they leave the party to get in the car with Randy & Fred.

Deborah Foreman says the line was "Randy is skillish...ok?"

The DVD subtitles say "The rating scale is ok."

I thought she said "Valley is the coolest...ok?"

Either way it doesn't make much sense. I know C.T. , Ronnie, & Isis all heard something else too. Maybe they will share their thoughts as well. So not controversial in language, just in what was really said ya know.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
It sure sounds like what Debbie said she said. She would know, it came out of her mouth.

I have always said she says:

Valley...skillet !!!! OK! [Razz]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ok Kat! Is this movie in 3-D?

Enjoy The Ride! [Wink]

Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey guys i love chick fil a [Smile] the mall here where i live it still looks the same from the 80s the food court especially it opened in the early 80s and some of the stores have changed but the food court remains the same atleast thtas whaty my mom says [Smile] it has a chick fil a in it and a mom and pop pizza stand and a mom and pop hamburger stand and an ice cream shop its really fun even though its a small mall [Smile] just thought i would share. I want a valleygirl out fit an idead guys on what i should buy [Wink]
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
27. Did anyone else think Samantha was totally Hot?

Yes. I like a girl that will do me in the bathroom at a club...he he ...

She is also the girl on the cover and movie posters of V.G. just with blonde hair. I'm guessing that Deb wasn't cast when they were working on that.

I never did find out why, why, why Deborah Foreman was NOT available for the extras/interviews. They also couldn't get Michelle Meyrink (Susie). WHY, WHY, WHY????

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCWBobC
Master Rewinder
Member # 2525

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JCWBobC   Author's Homepage   Email JCWBobC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would almost guarantee the song playing while Randy is in the shower is Systematic Way by Josie Cotton.
Do a search for Josie Cotton on Amazon.com and listen to the clip and see what you think.

Posts: 314 | From: NJ | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
OMG, that is the first I ever found out who the girl was on the poster.

Maybe she was suppose to originally play Debbie's part(Julie)- that would have stunk.

Heidi Hollicker says on the reunion special that she was originally suppose to play Samantha, so maybe they did do a switch in the end.

Thankfully they made the right choices.

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I noticed a few new things tonight!

31. People in the Valley are not very good dancers, check out all the rocking to the wrong beat at Suzi's Party. Health Foods they all got, but Dance Moves they definitely forgot.

32. I think that chick with the Pink & Purple striped dress actually dug Fred, but she was just playing hard to get. Notice her looking at him when he first enters the party and she was obviously hanging with him right before he got the boot...she was intrigued fer sure.

33. No wonder Stacey didn't want to leave the party, she was making out with with one of Tommy's friends only moments before Julie pulled her away to go cruising with the hollyweirds.

34. Was it Corey Hart Sun Glasses night at the Viper room or what? Even the band was in on the atmosphere.

35. Why are Julie's neighbors across the street moving? Is it all the tents in the front yard or the use of the F word so often late at night causing this situation?

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
36. Wow, Julie's Dad is so lucky that his Health Foods Store is located right next door to a Shoe Repair Shop. Looks like he might be able to save "The Old Water Buffalos" after all. [Razz] [Big Grin]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
37. Does anyone else find it strange that Skip has the board game Operation hanging above his bed? I guess it was just foreshadowing that he was getting ready to play doctor with Suzi. [Wink] [Eek!]
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home