iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » Summer Lovers...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Summer Lovers...
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a beautiful movie to look at. The Greek scenery was breathtaking but this movie actually made me mad. Have any of you seen this? I didn't get the whole thing. Sorry. I mean first of all any man that couldn't be happy and satisfied with Daryl Hannah in this movie is insane [Confused] . Secondly, Peter Gallagher annoyed me. He just went around looking like he was the man cause two chicks wanted him. He's getting his cake and eating it too but the girls had to like share him ya know? Not cool in my book.

I did read that the girl who played Lina was killed in an automobile accident in real life, which is sad.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sourskittles
Rewinder
Member # 3870

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for sourskittles   Email sourskittles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watch this everytime i see it on cable just for the scenery!! Its not really a good movie and yes Peter Gallagher is annoying (in this movie)

[ 22. February 2005, 22:10: Message edited by: sourskittles ]

Posts: 35 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The scenery is beautiful, just very surprised it got made witht the threesome aspect. Would have loved to have seen a directors commentary, how it got made, etc.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I saw this one.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide you keep digging up old threads!

I saw this one on cable too....it has a great indie feel,sets are beautiful........Galleghar is hot! I liked it but didn't want to own it.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide, right.. director's commentary....what you were really hoping for were those deleted scenes that were rumored. I saw this movie and felt it was about one scene away from late night Cinemax. Actually this movie was better than I expected, but strange nonetheless.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this on vhs.
Haven´t watched it yet.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Val, there really were deleted scenes and all? That's wild, I always thought they were really pusing the envelope with this one, maybe it wasn't such a big deal to european viewers, but to 80's Reagan family values it must have rocked the boat. Maybe the nice and innocent movie cover saved some scrutiny. Could you imagine if they remade this movie today? Probably wouldn't even raise an eyebrow.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Riptide, I think the mainstream movie "Wild Things" took care of any eyebrow raising for awhile. This movie is extremely tame in comparsion.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Yes Wild Things, you were thinking of that tooth extraction scene weren't you? So controversial. LOL.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched this flick directed by Randal Kleiser (Grease, The Blue Lagoon, Flight of the Navigator...).

Very nice scenery. It really starts like a travel commercial.
I´ve been in Kos island in 1992, so it´s kind of familiar. Crete just looks like a lot more rocky place.

The plot is very thin, but this sure is entertaining.
Plenty of nudity, laid back feel and lots of great tunes on the soundtrack.

Tina Turner, Pointer Sisters, Prince, Chicago, Depeche Mode, you name it.

Sad to hear that Valérie Quennessen died in 1989.

-

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is it just me?? or does Daryl Hannah look like a man on this dvd art? haha [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL I thought the same thing when I first saw the VHS cover art and thought it was a skinny version of Fabio. I was gonna ask how the 2 men one woman relationship turned out in the end.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He looks good in a bikini though... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Just watched this flick directed by Randal Kleiser (Grease, The Blue Lagoon, Flight of the Navigator...).

Very nice scenery. It really starts like a travel commercial.
I´ve been in Kos island in 1992, so it´s kind of familiar. Crete just looks like a lot more rocky place.

The plot is very thin, but this sure is entertaining.
Plenty of nudity, laid back feel and lots of great tunes on the soundtrack.

Tina Turner, Pointer Sisters, Prince, Chicago, Depeche Mode, you name it.

Sad to hear that Valérie Quennessen died in 1989.

-

-

She's not the only one, unfortunately. Hans van Tongeren committed suicide just after this film was released. I have read that he had been in mental asylums several instances and according to the Dutch press he identified with his roles too much.
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home