iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 80's Movies » The Goonies 2??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Goonies 2??
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have read different articles about there possibly being a sequel to The Goonies. Has anyone heard any updates about this? I love the Goonies, and knowing me, I would probably watch the sequel too.
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanRayGTO
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3562

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for VanRayGTO   Email VanRayGTO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard that too, but there's been no updated talk on it as far as I know. Believe me you wouldn't be the only person who would watch the sequel, even if it turned out to be lame.
Posts: 20 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guido The Killer Pimp
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, i don't think they are going to make this one !

[ 23. February 2005, 01:25: Message edited by: PaulShrimpton ]

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard the project was stalled, but I found this cool article that talked about it.

Goonies 2

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sean Astin has been talking about reprising his role in Goonies 2 "Just give me a call and tell me where to show up. I'm confident enough of who I am and the seriousness and purpose of my work in other areas to go back and do that. … What is life if you can't have a sense of fun and humor?"

Joe Pantoliano has also been talking about the possibility of Goonies 2 "They are real, I talked to Donner [Richard] about it and I talked to Spielberg [Steven] about it, unsolicited Steven mentioned it and then I called Donner and he said “Nah they’re working on the script, we’re working on the script.” Am I going to be in it? I don’t know but I didn’t get killed off in it. [Laughs] And that’s another reason why I did Daredevil is that I didn’t get killed off in it. Think about all the great stories that I’ve been on that they keep bumping me off from. " [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet if anything they will do a remake since it is 20 years old this year!! Wow I cannot believe it has been that long ago since I saw it in the movie theater. Our movie theater has been doing this Midnight Movie madness thing recently and last weekend they showed Goonies. If I didn't have my son last weekend I would have been there at Midnight to see that one!!! I will keep a look out for others that they show. They showed Raider of the Lost Ark a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway....they will probablly try to remake it with more visual effects.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stix33     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the article, ValleyCat. I would definately watch the movie and I'm sure my kids would love it too. As for a remake, I hope they don't do it. I'm not too fond of remakes, and I don't think there would ever be anyone as good as Mama Fratelli (Anne Ramsey). No one could pull her off!
Posts: 73 | From: Kansas. The O.Z. | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley- that is an awesome picture. I have wanted to see a current picture of Kerri Green.

At first when I saw it, I didn't even realize it was actually them. Did they get together for some Goonie Reunion thing??

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stix33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3861

Member Rated:
I think they got together when the DVD was released, to do the commentary for it. Chunk does not look like Chunk!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What...that is Chunk????? I thought the one guy I didn't recognize was probably a part of the directing/producing....I didn't remember what Chunk's real name was. Wow!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home